Transcript of "Forus Presentation for IT Minister @iSPIRT Event - Conclave for India as Product Nation #1"
Our Country has 12 Million Blind
Globally 40 M are blind. 12M in India. 1/3rd of
Blind are in India
Here is the worst part:
80% OF THE BLINDNESS
We have a product
Here is the best part:
That can be used any where in India
That Prevents Avoidable Blindness
INNOVATE IMPLEMENT IMPACT
• Portable & costs 1/6th the cost
of current devices together
• Made for use in India.
• Automatic Software detects
common eye problems which
leads to 90% of Preventable
• The entire test can be
completed in less than 5
INNOVATE – 3nethra : An Intelligent Product
Low footfallsHigh Footfalls
Implement : Broaden the Scope for Screening
Take the testing closer to patients!
INDIA INNOVATES … WORLD IMPLEMENTS
380+ Installations. 16 Countries
Touched Million Lives. Billion to go.
Prevented 150,000+ people going blind
We are dead serious about blindness.
We will fix the problem of preventable
blindness in India and world.
7 PhD, 17 Master, 500 Person-years of
Awards and Recognition
1. DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth Program
2. Sankalp – Technology for Development Winner 2011
3. Samsung Innovation Quotient Winner 2011
4. NASSCOM – “League of 10” 2011
5. OEM-Enterprise organization in start up category by Semi
6. Joint Winner of ILC-Is Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive
Innovation Award for 2011
7. MIT’s Technology Review India's Grand Challenges 2011
8. CNBC-TV18 & Mercedez-Benz Young Turks Awards –
Change Maker of the year – Health
9. Frost & Sullivan Award 2012 – Best Innovation in
10. Piramal Prize 2010
for emerging ventures in democratising healthcare
11. Sociopreneurship India 2010
Honourable Secretary of State- Madam Hillary Rodham Clinton had special
mention of our product at the FICCI Conference 2011