View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• THE BATTLE OF ALQADISSIYYAH
• This was the battle between the
Muslim Arab armies and the Sassanid
• It resulted in the conquering of
Persia, ending the Sassanid rule, and
paying the way for the Muslim army
to conquer Iraq
• The battle, which took place in the
year 636, was commanded by Caliph
THE “VICTORY OF VICTORIES”
• The Sassanid armies were smashed
completely in the Battle of Nahavand
which took place in the year 642.
• The battle carried out by An-Numen
Ibn Maqarrin took place in the city of
Hamadan in Iran and resulted in the
decisive victory of the Muslims who
pushed the Persians out of all
THE KHAZAR ARAB WARS
• The Khazar were a group of
• The Khazar were engaged in
several war campaigns with the
Arab forces between the years
650 and 758
• The instability of the Umayyad
forces made the area impossible.
• The Khazar were able to reassert their indepence
• It claimed that by the tenth
century the Khazars and the
caliphates became allies
SOUTHERN ITALY UNDER ARAB
• Between the years 831b and 902, the ruler
who were under the commands of the
Abbasids launched several wars from the
present day Tunisia against forces in the
areas like Palermo, Messina.
in 948, the Fatimid's reached the Emirate of
Sicily, and Arabs controlled the region.
THE CONQUEST OF ANATOLIA
• Important achievements during the Abbasid
reign was the invasion of Crete, and their
control over the area in the year 840
• Seljuk Turks who first allied with the
Abbasids and then reigned completely.
• In 1068, Alp Arslan, a Seljuk Sultan,
recaptured many lands and moved of the
Abbasid lands and move further east
toward Anatolia in one of the major wars
called the Battle of Manzikeret which
took the place in the year 1071.
• Between the years 1200 and 1800, the
Muslims were able to invade more areas in
east Africa and Southern Asia.
• The battle of Baghdad in the year 1258
resulted in the destruction of Abbasid
• The last Muslim Empire, the Ottoman Empire,
collapsed in the year 1918 after the World
War 1 and thus ended a great history of