1. Village Volvo’s service package• Core - Quality repair service on out of warranty Volvos.• Additional - Routine Service, Customer Relationship, Historical trend, cost & time estimation, equipped waiting room,
2. Distinctive characteristic of a service firm illustrate by VV• Village Volvo implemented Service package , which make customer convinced & comfortable.• In the service management if you are able to make customer your side, your 50% job have to be done.• The mission of the Village Automotive Group is to profit from the sale of automobiles, parts and service. We will achieve this by creating an environment for our customers of comfort, trust and respect.
3. Characteristic of VV• Nature of service - Customer participation• Relationship - High Contact• Customization & Judgment - Very High• Nature of Demand & Supply - Pull• Method of service delivery - Case management, Protective intervention, Supportive services.
4. VV can manage its Back Office• Proper spare parts management• Provide next service date & have a record with VV also, so it will help for daily or weekly planning• Differentiate emergency & routine services, have an emergency team ever
5. VV differentiation from Volvo Dealer • Differentiation through service excellence • Integrated virtual call centre • Integrated service networks • Proactive after sales service • Customer touch-point management • Smart service agentsIt’s essential to ensure a consistent customer experience across . . . touch points, whichreinforces your brand and sends the message to customers that you understand themwell.Source - http://www.google.co.in/search?q=differentiation+in+services&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
6. Indian Scenario• Carnation Auto , promoted by the former chief executive of Maruti Suzuki, Jagdish Khattar, to provide car customisation services
7. India’s automotive industry is one of the key drivers of the country’s economy. At an estimatedsize of USD 38 billion, it accounts for close to 5 percent of India’s GDP.1 Over the past 5 years(2002-03 to 2007-08), the industry has seen strong overall growth of 11.5 percent feedback from industry players indicates that most customers do not depend on the authorized service network for vehicles beyond about 7 years of age, but switch to local garages. Given the sizeable vehicle population in this category, it is evident that automotive servicing in India is still largely unorganized. Estimates put the share of authorized service outlets at around 50 percent Ten years ago, customers used to be willing to come to our office and wait for long to meet a service engineer. Today they expect us to go and attend to them at their premises, at their convenience Source - http://www.in.kpmg.com/TL_Files/Pictures/SkillGaps_Auto08_low.pdf
8. Indian Automotive Service SectorSource - http://www.in.kpmg.com/TL_Files/Pictures/SkillGaps_Auto08_low.pdf