2. INTRODUCTION• Google is a web search engine that brings whatever information you need in world wide web in the form of web pages.• Google Search is the most-used search engine on the World Wide Web.• The main purpose of Google Search is to hunt for text in Web pages, as opposed to other data.• Google Search was originally developed by Larry Page and Sergey Brine in 1997
3. GOOGLEThe Vision To make search engines so powerful they would understand "everything in the world".The Mission To organize the worlds information and make it universally accessible and useful.The Focus Google continues to focus on innovation and on the user experience.
4. Google’s Philosophyo Focus on the user, and all else will follow.o It‘s best to do one thing really well.o Fast is better than slow.o Democracy on the web works.o The world is a wonderful R&D Lab.o You can make money without doing evil.o There‘s always more information out there.o The need for information crosses all borders.o Great just isn‘t good enough.
5. Internet World Stats
6. Geographic Analysis
7. Nielsen’s Tops of 2011
8. GOOGLE TOOLS (PRODUCTS) Web Standalone Communication & Search Applications publishing Maps Ad Words Editor 3D Warehouse Ride Finder Gmail Notifier Blogger Analytics Hello Pack Calendar, Docs& Directory Photo Screensaver SpreadsheetsGoogle Mini Picasa Dodge ball SMS Secure Access FeedBurnerSearch Mash GTalk Gmail, Orkut SketchUp YouTubeAdvertising Desktop Reader AdSense Extension Mobile Products AdWords Blogger Web Blogger Mobile Audio Ads Comments CalendarClick-to-Call Browser Sync Gmail Grants Dashboard Widgets News TV Ads Send to Phone iGoogle Toolbar Reader Maps Mobile
9. Desktop products Earth -Virtual globe that uses satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS over a 3D globe. Gmail/Google Notifier (Alerts the user of new messages in their Gmail account. Kingsoft / Google Dictionary Picasa (Photo organization and editing application, providing photo library options and simple effects. Picasa Web Albums Uploader An application to help uploading images to the "Picasa Web Albums" service It consists of both an iPhoto plug-in and a stand-alone application. SketchUp Simple 3D sketching program with unique dragging interface and direct integration with Google Earth. GOOGLE Talk
10. Desktop extensions Blogger Web Comments (Firefox only) Displays related comments from other Blogger users. Dashboard Widgets for Mac. Gears (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari) A browser plug-in that enables development of off-line browser applications. Pinyin IME (Internet Explorer extension) (Google China) Send to Phone . Toolbar (Firefox and Internet Explorer) Web browser toolbar with features such as a Google Search box, phishing protection, pop-up blocker as well as the ability for website owners to create buttons.
11. Mobile products Google Mobilizer Makes any web page mobile- friendly. Mobile search Google Notebook View and add notes to your Google Notebook Mobile Updater (BlackBerry only) Sync for BlackBerry Synchronizes a BlackBerry calendar with multiple Google calendars using a Google Account. Android Platform (projects based on the Android platform including external libraries, applications, hosted services)
12. Commercial Products(Web products) AdSense Advertisement program for Website owners. Adverts generate revenue. AdWords Googles flagship advertising product, and main source of revenue.AdWords offers pay-per-click. AdWords Website OptimizerIntegrated AdWords tool for testing different website content, in order togain to the most successful advertising campaigns. Click-to-Call Calling system so users can call advertisers for free at Googles expense from search results pages. DoubleClick Internet ad serving provider. Grants -Scheme for non-profit organizations to benefit from free Cost- Per-Click advertising on the AdWords network.
13. Communication & Publishing 3D Warehouse Google 3D Warehouse is an online service that hosts 3D models ofexisting objects, locations .etc. Blogger Calendar Document, spreadsheet and presentation application, with documentcollaboration and publishing capabilities. FeedBurner - News feed management services Friend Connect Gadgets Orkut Groups Web and e-mail discussion service and Usenet archive. Reader SMS Channels (Google India Only) Questions and Answers (Google Russia Only) YouTube
14. Development Android Open Source mobile phone platform . App Engine A tool that allows developers to write and run web applications. Code site contains Open Source code and lists of their APIservices. Mashup Editor - Web Mashup creation with publishing facilities, as well as syntax highlighting and debugging. OpenSocial A set of common APIs for building social applications websites. Subscribed Links Web ToolkitAn open source Java software development framework that allows web developers to create Ajax applications in Java.
15. Mapping Maps Mapping service that indexes streets and displayssatellite and street-level imagery, providing driving directionsand local business search. Mars Imagery of Mars using the Google Maps interface. Elevation, visible imagery and infrared imagery can be shown. MoonNASA imagery of the moon through the Google Maps interface. Google SkyAn Internet tool for viewing the stars and galaxies, you cannow access this tool through a browser version of "GoogleSky". Ride FinderTaxi, limousine and shuttle search service, using real timeposition of vehicles in 14 US cities. Google Transit Public transport trip planning through the Google Maps interface.
16. SEARCH Web Search Alerts E-mail notification service Base Google submission database, Book Search Catalogs Search engine for over 6,600 print catalogs Checkout Directory (Google China) Experimental Search Finance Searchable US business news, opinion, and financial data.
17. Accessible Search Image Search Language Tools Life Search (Google China) Search engine tailored towards everyday needs, such as train times, recipes and housing. News Archive Search Patent Search Search engine to search through millions of patents Product Search (Previously Froogle) Price engine that searches online stores, including auctions, for products. Scholar Search engine for the full text of scholarly literature Sets List of items generated when the user enters Suggest Auto-completion in search results
18. Statistics Analytics Traffic statistics generator for defined websites, with strong AdWords integration. Webmasters can optimize their ad campaigns, based on the statistics that are given. Gapminder Data trend viewing platform to make nations statistics accessible on the internet in an animated, interactive graph form. Trends Graph plotting application for Web Search statistics Zeitgeist Collection of lists of the most frequent search queries. There are weekly, monthly and yearly lists, as well as topic and country specific lists.
19. Hardware products Google Search Appliance Hardware device that can be hooked to corporate intranets for indexing/searching of company files. Google Mini Reduced capacity and less expensive version of the Google Search Appliance. Other products: GOOG-411 Googles directory assistance service, which can be used free of charge from any telephone in the US and Canada.
20. HOW GOOGLE WORKS• Googles success is mainly due to a patented algorithm called PageRank that helps rank web pages that match a given search string.• The exact percentage of the total of web pages that Google indexes are not known.• All the other competitors use keyword- based methods of ranking search results
21. core features in Google Instant:Dynamic Results - Google dynamically displaysrelevant search results as you type so you can quicklyinteract and click through to the web content need.Predictions - One of the key technologies in GoogleInstant is that it predict the rest of the query (in lightgray text) before finish typingScroll to search - Scroll through predictions and seeresults instantly for each as you arrow down.
22. PigeonRank Overview The heart of Googles search technology is PigeonRank™, a system for ranking web pages developed by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University. low cost pigeon clusters (PCs) could be used to compute the relative value of web pages faster than human editors or machine-based algorithms.
24. Threats Analysis Opportunities Analysis Google Yahoo MicrosoftTraditional ad domain Other Software Pay Per Use officeOffice Suites Apps. Internet Ads
25. GOOGLE IN 3 ASPECTS Technology Business Society
26. TECHNOLOGY ASPECT Google consists of three distinct parts with fast parallel processing. Googlebot, a web crawler that finds and fetches web pages. The Indexer that sorts and stores the resulting index of words in a huge database. The Query Processor, compares the search query to the index and recommends the documents that it considers most relevant.
27. TECHNOLOGY ASPECT
28. GOOGLE Technology overview Relevance:Technology that determined the ―importance‖ of a webpage by lookingat what other pages link to it, as well as other data.ComprehensivenessGoogle launched in 1998 with just 25 million pages, which even thenwas a small fraction of the web. Today Google index billions and billionsof webpages, and our index is roughly 100 million gigabytes. Wecontinue investing to expand the comprehensiveness of its services.
29. FreshnessGooglebots continually crawling the web ensuring that you can findthe latest news, blogs and status updates minutes or even secondsafter they‘re posted.SpeedGoogle‘s average query response time is roughly one-fourth of a second.In comparison, the average blink of an eye is one-tenth of a second.Speed is a major search priority. In addition to smart coding, on the backend we‘ve developed distributed computing systems around that globethat ensure you get fast response times. With technologies likeautocomplete and Google Instant, Google help you find the search termsand results you‘re looking for before you‘re even finished typing.
30. Google security and product safetyReporting security issues Google user and have a security issue to report regarding your personal Google account, Google has a different kind of vulnerability reward program that encourages people to find and report security bugs in Google‘s web applications.Android and Security Google defend Android users from malware and other threats difference for users‘ security. • Expanding Safe Browsing Alerts to include malware distribution domains • Protecting data for the long term with forward secrecy
31. Google Wallet :- Pay Everything in the Electronic World -o Google Wallet is a new application powered by the Android software that literally converts your mobile phone into a mobile wallet.o It is packed with cashless and card less purchase capability of electronic transactions without using the credit card issuedo It operates to comply with the electronic transactions supported by NFC tagged electronic deviceso The presence of NFC tags Near field communication (NFC) in mobile equipment allows transactions minus the electronic passage or reading or the credit cardo NFC tags records everything about the credit card of the consumer and tags it in a safe memory somewhere the mobile equipment to make cashless transactions, card less and highly efficient, secured and convenient.
32. SOCIAL ASPECT
33. Google mobile worldAndroid : Open Source O.S •AndroidDeveloperChallenge:Contestfo rdeveloperstocreatenewapplicationsforAnd roid •OpenHandsetAlliance:Commoninitiativ eof34mobilephoneindustryplayers (manufacturers ,suppliers and distributors) aiming at spreading Android
34. GOOGLE’S NEXT STEPOffline application Launching of the Office Google software pack: a word- processor, a spreadsheet program, a presentation tool and a calendar Free alternative to Microsoft Office pack Acquisition of Sketch Up, a 3D modeling software with a free version made available
35. online environmentLaunching of Google Gears: Open Source project allowing an offline use of online applicationsClaimed ambition of becoming a standard and encouraging online languages as opposed to offline programming languages
36. AdWords skill with Individual QualificationProfessionals looking to update and demonstrate search skills to employerscan study and certify to become Individually Qualified in Google AdWords• Improved knowledge & practical application of AdWords tools• Globally recognized stamp of approval certifying essential AdWords knowledge• Showcase specialist knowledge through advanced exams covering search, display, reporting & analysis―- AdWords Certified Partner -
37. Google Trends, compare the world‘s interest in your favorite topics. Google Trends shows users‘ propensity to search for a certain topic on Google on a relative basis Google Trends also shows how frequently your topics have appeared in Google News stories, and in which geographic regions people have searched for them most. Google Trends analyzes a portion of Google web searches to compute how many searches have been done for the terms you enter, relative to the total number of searches done on Google over time (Search Volume Index)
38. o The data Trends produces may contain inaccuracies for a number of reasons, including data-sampling issues and a variety of approximations that are used to compute results.o Google Trends uses IP address information from our server logs to make a best guess about where queries originated. Language information is determined by the language version of the Google site where the search originatedo The information provided by Trends is updated daily, and Hot Searches is updated hourly.o the results Google Trends displays are produced entirely by an automated formula. As an additional measure, Trends only returns results for terms that receive a significant amount of search traffic.
39. Google Maps’ Street View Helps Fight Crime! Police use Google‘s Street View product to locate and rescue. Using the GPS coordinates of the cell phone (obtained from the cell phone carrier every time the phone was activated), police were able to retrieve street view and satellite images which enabled them to survey the area ahead of time and guess which building, exact location So with help from Google, a crime can be averted.
41. Additional features of Google Search application Quick Access to Google. Launch Google without having to navigate to google.com. Search by voice.* Speak your queries instead of typing them. My Location. Avoid typing your current location when searching for nearby businesses (e.g. "pizza" or "starbucks"). Autocomplete. Search and get a list of predictions displayed in a drop-down menu below the search box. Search history. Quickly search again for queries you recently performed.
42. Google Public DNS: 70 billion requests a day and countingo Google Public DNS is a free, global Domain Name System (DNS) resolution service, that you can use as an alternative to your current DNS provider.o DNS acts like the phone book of the Internet. If you had to look up hundreds or thousands of phone numbers every day, you‘d want a directory that was fast, secure and correct. That‘s what Google Public DNS provides for tens of millions of people.o Google Public DNS has become particularly popular for our users internationally. Today, about 70 percent of its traffic comes from outside the U.SGoogle Publico DNS‘s goal is simple: making the web—really, the whole Internet!— faster for users.
44. Facts About Google Google knows weather!Simply type in the weather operator, followed by the name of a location.You can also type in a zip code for more specific results
45. Google Knows What Time It Is! If you need to know the time in another time zone, all you do is type ‗time‘ in Google‘s search bar, followed by the location. If a location name is ambiguous, multiple results will be shown.
46. Google’s Got A Calculator. Google is great for relatively simple arithmetic calculations, including square roots, logarithms, order of operations, and trigonometric functions such as sine and cosine. Google calculator also defines various constants such as e and c(speed of light). The calculator can also perform just about any unit conversion that I can think of, from temperature to weight to pressure to length. And both American and metric units are supported
47. Google has a built-in currency converter Typing in other currencies such as the Euro, or the Yen. You can look up phone numbers by simply typing them into the search field. All numbers that are in the phonebook will be retrieved.
48. GOOGLE STRENGTH FACTORS Data mining•The web offers theopportunity to exploit andanalyze a very largeamount of data Openness •Content and services must be open and interoperable to favor audience circulation
49. Uniqueness in GoogleSEARCH Speed, Accuracy, Objectivity and Ease of use of. Fit between their technology and the consumer behavior. Page Rank technology – Orkut merged Solved the scale up problem Positioned as ―Fastest Crawling Technique‖ Keeps the search ―Up to date‖
50. References:WebsitesGoogle.com/servicesInternetworldstats.comOnline-seo-information.blogspot.inBooksThe Google Story - David A.Vise