1. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882www.phcindia.org, email@example.com Panel Doctor Gujarat State Electricity Co. Ltd. (GSECL) Uttar Gujarat Vij Co. Ltd. (UGVCL) Clinic -1 Clinic – 2 Plot No. 286, F – 1, ‘Akshar Krupa’, Akshar Complex, Plot No. 598/2, Opp. Gopal Dairy, Sector – 5 B, Sector –20, Near KH – 2, Gandhinagar - 382020 Gandhinagar 382006
2. T3 and T4 regulationThe production of thyroxine and triiodothyronine is regulated by thyroid-stimulatinghormone (TSH), released by the anterior pitutary. The thyroid and thyrotropes forma negative feedback loop: TSH production is suppressed when the T 4levels arehigh. The TSH production itself ismodulated by thyrotropin –releasinghormones (TRH), which is produced bythe hypothalamus and secreted at anincreased rate in situations such as coldexposure (to stimulate thermogenesis).TSH production is bluntedby somatostatin (SRIH), rising levels ofglucocorticoids and sexhormones (oestrogen and testesterone),and excessively high blood iodideconcentration.
3. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgDefinition:Excessive secretion of thyroid hormones in the body iscalled as hyperthyroidism (hyper=more). Thyroid is small gland situated in the midline and base of the neck. The gland produces thyroid hormones T4 (Tetraiodothyronine/Thyroxine) and T3 (Triiodothyronine) that are absolutely essential for maintaining harmony of various body functions. Thyroid hormones govern the speed of body’s chemical reaction and have positive influence ongrowth of an individual (mental and physical). Because thyroid hormones affect growth,development and many cellular processes, excess of thyroid hormones has widespreadconsequences on the body.
4. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.comCausesThere are many causes that can cause over activity of the thyroid gland and inmost cases the entire gland is producing more hormones, this is seen in Grave’sdisease. Grave’s disease is actually an auto-immune disorder in which thebody’s immune system mistakenly starts attacking it’s own cells (in this case thethyroid gland) resulting in inflammation and enlargement of the gland (Goiter)and production of excess hormones. In some cases, there is a particular solitarynodule in the gland (called ‘Hot’ nodule) that is producing more hormones;there may also be multiple such nodules in the gland Inflammation of thethyroid gland (Thyroiditis) due to any other cause can also result inhyperthyroidism.
5. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgSymptomsIncreased secretion of thyroid hormones can produce myriad of symptoms that varyfrom person to person and with the age of patient. The common symptoms include: •Weight loss despite normal or •Increased bowel movements increased appetite •Light or absent menstrual periods •Palpitations •Fatigue •Heat intolerance •Tremors of hands and fingers •Nervousness •Irritability •Insomnia •Excessive perspiration •Difficulty in breathing
6. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.comSigns commonly seen in patients with Hyperthyroidism:•Fast heart rate •Hair loss•Muscle weakness •Staring gaze•Trembling hands •Warm moist skin•Weight loss •Lump in the neck (Goiter)
7. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgDiagnosisMeasuring the level of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), produced by the pituitarygland (which in turn is also regulated by the hypothalamuss TSH Releasing Hormone)in the blood is typically the initial test for suspected hyperthyroidism. A low TSH leveltypically indicates that the pituitary gland is being inhibited or "instructed" by the brainto cut back on stimulating the thyroid gland, having sensed increased levels of T 4 and/orT3 in the blood. In rare circumstances, a low TSH indicates primary failure of thepituitary, or temporary inhibition of the pituitary due to another illness (euthyroid sicksyndrome) and so checking the T4 and T3 is still clinically useful.
8. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882www.phcindia.org, email@example.com
9. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgConventional treatment of thyroid dysfunction relies mainly on drugs and surgerywhereas Homeopathic treatment improves the function of the thyroid gland throughnatural means. Homeopathic remedies work by stimulating the bodys own healingpower. Homeopathic remedies stimulate the body to reactivate the hormone secretions,replenish and restore the thyroid tissue through the pituitary and other glands as awhole allowing the body to heal itself.Homeopathy offers good prognosis to cases of hyperthyroidism. Medicineslike Calcare phos, Calcarea carb, Lapis alb, Iodium, Thyroidinum, Spongia,Lycopus, Calcarea iod etc are often found indicated in cases ofhyperthyroidism.
10. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.comThe fundamental understanding of Homeopathy is that substances that can cause apattern of symptoms in a healthy person can activate a cure of that pattern of symptomsin a sick person when those substances are Homeopathically potentized. This is donenot by suppressing symptoms like an allopathic drug, but by expressing the healingpowers dwelling within us to heal through treating the whole person including body, mindand emotions.Another striking thing about Homeopathy is that it has no side effects. People on multiplemedications can safely take Homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic drugs are non-habitforming and have no addictive characteristics. Homeopathy has an exceptional provensafety record with the FDA with 200 years of clinical effectiveness.Thus, Homeopathic remedies will help boost your energy, improve circulation, andsoothe metabolism by balancing “hyper” or “hypo” thyroid functions.
11. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgTo conclude, Homeopathy heals by finding and curing the roots of the disease. It has acleansing effect and stimulates thyroid activity by implementing a general regulatinginfluence on the thyroid. Hence, for a safe, natural, effective, and long-lasting answer foryour thyroid problems, consider Homeopathy.
12. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.com The foods that can help you gain control of your overactive thyroid:1. Omega 3 fatty acids are important for normal function of the thyroid glandand therefore should be included in the diet for hyperthyroidism. Flaxseed oiland ground flaxseeds are ideal sources for these essential fatty acids.2. Green leafy vegetables like mustard greens, spinach and kale are believed todepress the function of your thyroid and should be plentiful in your diet. Avoidthese vegetables if you are suffering from hypothyroidism symptoms.3. Members from the cruciferous vegetable family like cabbage, cauliflower andbroccoli will also help control your hyper thyroid symptoms by reducinghormone production. On the other hand try limiting these veggies in your diet ifyou are experiencing underactive thyroid symptoms.
13. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.org. Some root vegetables like rutabagas and turnips contain substances calledthioglucosides that inhibit the absorption of iodine and help people with overactivethyroid.5. Soybeans and soy products are also believed to help a diet for hyperthyroidism tocontrol an over-stimulated thyroid.6. Calcium and magnesium only working together in a ratio of 3:1 are an incredible wayto boost your diet for hyperthyroidism. Most foods contain too much added calciumrequiring magnesium for proper metabolism that ends up being taken from our body’sessential magnesium deposits ridding us of important nutrients.7. Thyroid weight loss is one of hyper thyroid symptoms and is associated withsignificant muscle mass loss for people affected by this condition. High protein dietplan combined with moderate exercise is believed to assist in rebuilding muscle bulk lostdue to hyperactive thyroid.
14. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.com. Antioxidant rich foods like berries, grapes, fresh fruits and vegetables should beabundantly included in your diet for hyperthyroidism that will offset the nutrientdeficiencies caused by high metabolism.9. Whole grains like millet, brown rice, and others combined with a variety of nuts andseeds are rich sources of zinc, an important element necessary for all of the body’sfunctions that might be depleted due to hyperthyroidism.10. Dairy products are excellent sources of protein and fat and necessary components fordiet for hyperthyroidism.
15. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgCLINICAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHYROIDISM AND HYPERTHYROIDISM SYMPTOMS HYPOTHYROIDISM HYPERTHYROIDISM 1.       Intolerance of cold 1.       Intolerance of heat 2.       Weight gain 2.       Weight loss despite good  3.       Sweating scanty            appetite General 4.       Somnolence (prolonged    3.       Excessive sweating           drowsiness 4.       Insomnia Loss of Memory and  Anxiety, nervousness,  Mental concentration irritability Deafness may be present Not present Ears CVS Chest pain on effort Dyspnoea and palpitation
16. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.com SYMPTOMS HYPOTHYROIDISM HYPERTHYROIDISM Female: Menorrhagia and  Female: usually  polymenorrhoea oligomenorrhoeaReproductive System               Galactorrhea   Male:     Complete loss of libido Male: Impotence Slowness of thought and  Restless and irritable, Fidgety ,  Mind sluggish response to questions can not sit still Puffy, dull, expressionless,  Hollowed cheeks and temporal  Face thickening of facial features fossae 1.       Bradycardia 1.       Tachycardia CVS 2.       Pulse pressure normal 2.       Wide pulse pressure Neurological Tendon jerks; hung-up reflex Brisk tendon jerk, fine tremors
17. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, firstname.lastname@example.orgSYMPTOMS HYPOTHYROIDISM HYPERTHYROIDISM Periorbital oedema, sometimes  Exophthalmos with bag like swelling under  Lid retraction the eyes Lid lag Lagophthalmos Eyes Chemosis; conjunctigal  oedema Ptosis and diplopia Voice Husky with a changed timber No change 1.       Appetite: Anorexia 1.       Appetite: Extremely god G I System 2.       Thirst: Not much 2.       Thirst: excessive 3.       Bowels: Constipated 3.       Bowels: Diarrhoea
18. Faith is the Best Healer Regd. No. G 5882 www.phcindia.org, email@example.comSYMPTOMS HYPOTHYROIDISM HYPERTHYROIDISM Dry and cool, myxoedema Warm and moist with ‘velvety’  Skin feel Respiratory Obstructive sleep apnea ------Serum T3, T4 Reduced Raised Raised in primary  Low Hypothyroidism Serum TSH Normal or low in Sec.  Hypothyroidism