Transcript of "Pouring Pounds at Imperial Business School - Enfinite 2011"
ENFINITE 2011 – IMPERIAL ENTREPRENEURS INTERACTIVE 11 JUNE 2011
Pouring Pounds – Get money back on your USUAL shopping at 2,250 websites WHO ARE WE?1. Just remember to visit websites by clicking from www.pouringpounds.com first2. The money collects in your Pouring Pounds account & can be transferred to you via BACS/Paypal. You can even donate to charity! 2
1. HOW DO I SET UP MY OWN COMPANY? TOP 5 QUESTIONS PEOPLE USUALLY ASK US!a) What is the right legal structure for my company? Detailed info on Business Link website: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/b) Where can I buy domain names? GoDaddy, Namesco, 1&1. You can get cashback on all these too: http://ht.ly/5frnN USUALLYc) Is setting up a company a complicated, long-drawn and expensive process? Company formation services like Companies Made Simple http://www.companiesmadesimple.com/ e.g. Silver package for £50 – company formation within 3 hours , registered office address, fast track Barclays business bank account List of recognised company formation agents: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/toolsToHelp/formationAgents.shtml 3
2. WHERE CAN I CONTACT FREELANCERS & GET LOGO & WEBSITE DESIGN IDEAS? TOP 5 QUESTIONS PEOPLE USUALLY ASK US!a) Online Competitions www.99designs.comb) Freelancers for designing and website development www.elance.com, www.designcrowd.com , www.odesk.comc) Individuals for all types of freelance needs www.peopleperhour.com USUALLYd) Voice-overs www.voices.comWebsite development • See examples of the exact thing that you need • Try to get testimonials and reviews from past clients • Negotiate staggered payment which is market standard: 50% upfront • Fully integrate social media 4
3. SOCIAL MEDIA – WORTH THE EFFORT? TOP 5 QUESTIONS PEOPLE USUALLY ASK US! YES. Social media strategy: first for broadcasting, and slowly for engagement1. Twitter – GET ON IT!2. Facebook – more engaged strategy, more difficult3. Linkedin – Dont underestimate the power of Linkedin. We have benefitted a LOT4. Digg, Stumble Upon, Delicious – for posting blogs and articles USUALLY5. Quora? Tools like Hootsuite, Tweetdeck Social media metrics: As important as database today 5
4. WHAT ARE THE SUPPORT NETWORKS AVAILABLE FOR ENTREPRENEURS? TOP 5 QUESTIONS PEOPLE USUALLY ASK US! Funding contacts and support e.g. Microsoft Bizspark, Seedcamp, Astia Entrepreneur focused organisations like TiE. Especially important when you are entering a new sector Tech Hub for tech start-ups Blogs about your industry: Mashable, Techmeme.. Even Cybermummy 2011 (largest blogging conference for mum bloggers) USUALLY Trade shows: http://www.exhibitions.co.uk/ Get on Twitter! Attend Tweet-ups Special emphasis on Linkedin for a professional connection with pretty much anyone 6
5. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION TOP 5 QUESTIONS PEOPLE USUALLY ASK US! Search engine optimisation: the right titles, meta tags, link building to increase your page rank • SEO Consultants • Hubspot: http://www.hubspot.com/ • Social Media Examiner: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/ Facebook Success Summit, Social Media Success Summit USUALLY • • Case studies, blogs about how to increase website traffic, specific strategies • Sign up for free updates Blogging: Get your keywords out there. Blogs can engage people who havesigned up and to get new users interested Engage press/media: Look up journalists who write about your field. Write to them, follow up, chase. Find journalists on Linkedin & Twitter 7
Recommended books! SELF TAUGHT, AND THE BEST! Marketing Warfare by Al Ries and Jack Trout The Social Media Marketing Book by Dan Zarrella Unleashing the Ideavirus by Seth Godin (considered to be the most downloaded e-book of all time) Online marketing inside out by Brandon Eley Good to Great by Jim Collins Autobiographies of anyone you admire 8
LETS TALK! INTERN WITH POURING POUNDS! Get valuable marketing experience and grow with an upcoming start-up! Internships available for marketing, social media and blogging.Contact:Swati Bhargavaswati@pouringpounds.comTwitter: @Swats26, @pouringpoundsPlease mention EntrepreneursInteractive when you join Pouring Pounds so youget a £5 joining bonus! 9
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.