View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
MOBILE DEVICES IN LIBRARIES
Thinking the library into the Web 2.0
Impacts and realizations
Mobile devices in the library
• Offering mobile library is betting on the innovation and willing to redefine
• It is getting closer to its public and offering essential tools in daily life, but also be
trained to help them.
We’re talking here of “digital documentary mediation”: accompany the
user becomes essential.
• Librarians will be able to fulfill functions different than their basic functions,
tending to other areas of expertise.
Library and Mobile Internet
• The mobile Internet is an action platform to integrate the informational
universe of library users.
• A «mobile» library adapts itself to the new user expectations created by the
• A library «beyond the walls» promotes logical access, speed, interaction
and information sharing.
From material to the immaterial
Library in mobile devices
Libraries innovate. They benefit from the expansion of mobile acquisitions by households
to create their own applications.
It simplifies the life for its users by offering:
• Practical information
• eBooks consultation
Still being on hand for a remote support for the satisfaction of the users.
• The development of digital collections demonstrates a library adaptation to a new information
environment. Today two models coexist: physical
and digital collections.
• Mobile terminals can link these models in
- Access to digital collections
- Management of physical collections