• Its not only about price, its about value.
Price vs. value
Excellent service is a profit strategy because it results
• More new customers
• More business with existing customers, fewer lost
• More insulation from price competition - excellent
businesses can charge a premium price
• Fewer mistakes requiring the re-performance of services.
Why Bother Striving for Service
• “A comparison of expectations with performance”
• Satisfaction= f (Perception)
Customer Perceptions of Service Quality and
• Reactive approach
• Proactive approach
• Planning after results
• Measures taken hoping for a better future
• Example: post transaction surveys, complaint analysis,
• Entails actively reaching out to customers and trying to
gather their feedback on service quality and suggested
areas of improvement.
• Example: Gap analysis, Staff training, Questionnaire,
Surveys , Feedbacks, fish bone chart, pareto charts,
Where are we now?
How will we know we are
Where do we want to
How will we get there?
Converting perceptions into
service quality specifications
Management perceptions of
Service Quality Gaps