Transcript of "Tata project scm logistics offereing part 1"
INTEGRATED SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS OFFERING
We offer Fourth Party Logistics (4PL) services , as a supply chain integrator, we assemble,
manage the resources, capabilities, & technology with our complementary service
providers to deliver a comprehensive supply chain solution for you.
Central to the 4PL’s success is a “best of breed” approach
to providing services & technology to our clients.
We can leverage the capabilities of the third party logistics
providers, technology service providers, & business
process managers to deliver a comprehensive supply
chain solution through a centralized point of contact.
Our-4PL will integrate the client’s supply chain activities
& supporting technologies across these “best of breed”
service providers, with our capabilities.
4PL Services : Fourth Party Logistics Model
Our 4PL model corresponds with the official recognized
distinction between carriers, freight forwarders, contract
logistic providers & 3PL service providers.
Best in Class Solutions
Beyond classical 3PL services & regardless
own resources our-4PL offers "best in class"
solutions to meet customers individual
requirements. Therefore the customer
abdicates compromise solutions or
restrictions due to rigid service structures.
System-related resources will inevitably lead
to self-interest with respect to their
utilization. Shippers, freight forwarders &
contract logistic providers are deemed to have
their own assets (truck fleets, warehouses,
etc.) & their utilization is their logical target.
We are free from such constraints & design a
tailor-made solution for the your
requirements. The work also enables a
broader overview of the markets & a very
good position on purchasing of logistics
Our proposition for Tata Projects
Beyond the traditional management consultancy
(Consulting), We can organize & accompany actively
the agreed restructuring processes with you (Coaching)
& take over the appropriate subdivision regularly
autonomously with staff & inventory responsibility
(Operating) if agreed. We can integrate the operational
activities with responsibility for staff & material.
The sense of this system is the continuous logistics adjustment & optimization
towards operational requirements. Instead of a snapshot the division will be
continuously supported & performed through our expertise of 4PL. The business
units on-site undertake the operational activities & interface between Tata
Projects & our-4PL expertise. The Service & competence Centers work for the
Tata Projects & support with their expertise & organizational skills.
Providing End to End Integrated Supply Chain
Management Logistics Solutions
• Installed base of 12,000+ vehicles, with a Target of 50,000 by FY15
• Companies commitment to aggressive growth in the next 5 yrs
• Strong Infrastructure, development & R&D capabilities
• 175 strong team. 24X12 hours customer support
• Development of world class customized solution for
• Self owned GIS data & updating capabilities
• Device uptime control center
• Strong Solution delivery capabilities with
Pan India presence
Industry Pain Areas
• No visibility into the location & utilization of the moving assets
especially Market Hire Trucks.
• Unable to monitor / regulate the speed of the vehicles.
• No information on time & customer feedback receivable.
• Unable to monitor driving patterns.
• Validating the running times & kilometers per trip.
• Monitoring the idle times of the assets.
Solutions & Benefits
• Measure & improve Delivery Compliance (Plan V/S Actual) giving you a good
insights on Customer Service Levels.
• Improve safety standards within source & on road (reducing pilferages)
• Integrating with ERP : Seamless order visibility & setting service standards (also
provide estimated time of arrival for consignments)
• Improve dispatch efficiencies : Visibility
(including ETAs) of incoming vehicles & planning
outbound movement towards customer.
• Vehicle scorecards improving performance &
incentives for drivers.
• Transparency of their performance to
customer achieving better.
A GPS tracking device is installed
in your vehicle & records the co-
ordinates. The tracking device has
a built in capability to send
messages over the GSM network
to our servers which in turn use
the same data to show on a map.
You simply need to login to our
website with your unique PIN
Number to locate your vehicle.
Satellite GSM / GPRS
How it works ?
• Value based solution (quick & better
• SaaS Delivery (Software as a service)
Cost Effective, Low cost of
Ownership, Subscription model
• Integrated Plug & Play solution :
Short time to Go-Live
• Dedicated control & monitoring
centre for after sales support (8am
• Proven Track Record : Total 10000
trucks & 3000+ trucks for more than
•Step 1: Install GPS devices & monitor
•Step 2: Track ETA @ Chasis Level
•Step 3: Transporter scorecards &
periodic meetings to improve
•Step 4: Assign responsibility for issues
to drive improvement
•Step 5: Plan Execution Analysis &
Feedback to planning & other
functions on parameter changes,
priorities etc for better plans
• All Cargo
• Transit Mixture
• Service vehicles (Max
pick up, Indica)
• Metro pump, D.G set,
• Hydra (Mobile crane),
• Passenger Bus
• Steel & Mineral Resources
• Petroleum & Natural Gas
• FMCG, Foods , Beverages
• Insurance & Finance
• Ignition ON/Off
• GPS location
• Incoming & Outgoing
• SOS function in case of
• Door open close
• Immobilize Vehicle
• Operator identification
Our solution specifically addresses the unique pain points of each industry
vertical by customizing its software solutions accordingly.
• 24x7 back office support center
• Quality & consistent high standard service.
• Data Analytics / MIS reports
• Customization of hardware /
application / reports based on customer requirements
• Robust R&D for future product lines
• Application up time : 99.9%.
• GSM Network : key partnerships with GSM service
provider ensures network coverage on all highways.
• Server up time : 98% - 99.9%.