Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
What If The World Were A Village
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

What If The World Were A Village

2,214

Published on

Introduction PP to project work called What if the World was a village of 1000 people.

Introduction PP to project work called What if the World was a village of 1000 people.

Published in: Health & Medicine, Travel
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
2,214
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
57
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. What if the worldWhat if the world were a villagewere a village Aim:To understand inequalities in standard of living on a global scale.
  • 2. What youWhat you need to knowneed to know •1000 people represent the total world1000 people represent the total world population.population. •Here are some facts and figures to thinkHere are some facts and figures to think aboutabout
  • 3. Facts about our populationFacts about our population •280 of the people are children under 14 yrs old280 of the people are children under 14 yrs old •650 of the people are adults between 15 – 64650 of the people are adults between 15 – 64 yrs oldyrs old •70 of the people are over 65 years old.70 of the people are over 65 years old. •28 new babies are born every year.28 new babies are born every year. The sexesThe sexes •520 of the people are women520 of the people are women •480 of the people are men.480 of the people are men.
  • 4. Health and EducationHealth and Education •Only 340 people have access to cleanOnly 340 people have access to clean drinking water.drinking water. •Less than 10 people have been to college.Less than 10 people have been to college. •300 of the adults cannot read and write.300 of the adults cannot read and write. •2 babies under the age of one die every2 babies under the age of one die every year.year. •1 person has the HIV and AIDS virus.1 person has the HIV and AIDS virus.
  • 5. Money and WealthMoney and Wealth •200 people have 75% of the total money200 people have 75% of the total money •Another 200 only receive 2% of the moneyAnother 200 only receive 2% of the money •70 people own cars (some of these people own70 people own cars (some of these people own more than one car)more than one car) •1 Person owns a computer1 Person owns a computer •800 people live in poor quality housing that is800 people live in poor quality housing that is run down.run down.
  • 6. LanguageLanguage •165 people speak Chinese165 people speak Chinese •86 people speak English86 people speak English •83 people speak Hindi83 people speak Hindi •64 people speak Spanish64 people speak Spanish •58 people speak Russian58 people speak Russian •37 people speak Arabic37 people speak Arabic •The other 507 people speakThe other 507 people speak 200 other languages.200 other languages.
  • 7. The landThe land In total there is 6000 acres of land (12,000In total there is 6000 acres of land (12,000 football pitches):football pitches): •2000 acres is impossible to live on (desert,2000 acres is impossible to live on (desert, tundra, swamps)tundra, swamps) •1900 acres are covered in woods and1900 acres are covered in woods and forestsforests •1400 acres is suitable for grazing animals1400 acres is suitable for grazing animals •700 acres is suitable for growing crops700 acres is suitable for growing crops (arable)(arable)
  • 8. Who owns the land?Who owns the land? •270 people own 40% of the crop270 people own 40% of the crop land.land. •The remaining 60% of the cropThe remaining 60% of the crop land produces 28% of the village’sland produces 28% of the village’s food.food. •This feeds the other 730 people inThis feeds the other 730 people in the village.the village.

×