1. P4I – PLAYING FOR INTERCULTURALITY REF: 518475-LLP-1-2011-1-ES-GRUNDTVIG-GMPINTRODUCTION TO THE PROJECT
2. •TABLE OF CONTENTS Project in brief • Partners • Third country participation • Our main aim • Interculturality • Learning with social games • Key competences • Find us in social media
3. P4I - Play for Interculturality is a Grudtvig MultilateralPROJECT IN BRIEF project, funded by the European Commission. The project has been approved in 2011 and will be implemented within the 2 years. This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
4. The project consortium consists of 7 partners, representing different EU territorial contexts and fields of expertise:PROJECT PARTNERS INVESLAN (ES) Instituto Europeo para la Gestión de la Diversidad (European Institute for Managing Diversity) (ES) SQLearn (EL) C.N.I.P.A. Puglia (IT) Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação (PT) National Research Institute for Labour and Social Protection (RO) LEARNit3D Ltd (UK)
5. WERE WE COME FROM:
6. THIRD COUNTRY PARTICIPATION Twin Learning LLC (TL LLC) partner from United States has been invited to join the project. TL LLC has a broad experience in designing and developing learning environments, with diverse teams of designers, architects, engineers, artists, media mavens, project and product managers, teachers and scholars, as well as an extensive experience in research on game – based initiatives.
7. BACKGROUND TO THE PROJECT While the latest tendencies point at a rather low level of adult population participation in lifelong learning initiatives, despite the increasing efforts in promotions and diversity of programmes, the project partners believe that the use of social games can positively influence the access of European adults to lifelong learning experiences, increasing the access rates, offering innovative and attractive means to develop key competences.
8. OUR MAIN AIM P4I – Play for Interculturality seeks to take step forward and create an innovative social game that promotes apprenticeship of intercultural competences of European adults, motivating them to take an active role and interact with other users, boosting key competences, such as digital socialization and media literacy in parallel.
9. INTERCULTURALITY As Europe is growing closer together and new intercultural possibilities are bounding with the opening of borders, the existence of new inter- European treaties and the rise in technology, competencies in Interculturity is a fundamental skill, essential for daily life interaction, as well as at the work place.
10. LEARNING WITH SOCIAL GAMES Social game-based learning is an informal tool that allows the acquisition of competences in a recreational environment. We move from “learning by doing” for the “learning by playing”, where interpersonal learning is involved, while a social game can only be played by exchanging information, knowledge and items with other players. Social gaming commonly refers to playing games as a way of social interaction, as opposed to playing games in solicitude. We may also refer to Educational Games and Serious games.
11. KEY COMPETENCES Competences in mother tongue Communication in foreign languages Digital competences Learning to learn Social and civil competences Cultural awareness and expression “Key competences are those which all individuals need for personal fulfilment and development, active citizenship, social inclusion and employment. The key competences are all considered equally important, because each of them can contribute to a successful life in a knowledge society”
12. MAIN DELIVERABLES Report on Success stories – compilation of game-based learning initiatives in adults‟ education Recommendations for the development of informal intercultural training itineraries Social game on intercultural competences Web 2.0 campaign
13. FIND US IN SOCIAL MEDIA Don´t miss our Web 2.0 campaigns and joins us in:
14. LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH Check our website for more information about the project: www.p4i-project.eu email@example.com +34 944 703 670