Transcript of "The Price Hacker's Toolkit - 20 Undiscovered Tech Tools to Help You Dodge Prices And Save Serious Cash!"
20 UNDISCOVERED TECH TOOLS TO HELPYOU DODGE PRICES & SAVE SERIOUS CASH!
1) HACK ONLINE COUPONS WITH COUPONS AT CHECKOUTYou know you typically search the web for coupons whenever you see the ‘CouponCode’ box? The Coupons At Checkout browser plug-in eliminates the need to searchentirely by finding all the retailer’s codes for you – right at checkout. COUPONSATCHECKOUT.COM (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE)
2) HACK SHOPPING ONLINE WITH INVISIBLE HANDPrices can differ wildly depending where you shop. This browser extension tracksprices at thousands of stores, notifying you if there’s a better price elsewhere. GETINVISIBLEHAND.COM (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
3) HACK KNOWING WHEN TO BUY WITH CAMELIZERPrices fluctuate depending on the time of day, and year. The Camelizer browserextension tracks prices over time at Amazon. NewEgg and Buy.com so you knowjust when to buy. CAMELCAMELCAMEL.COM (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
4) HACK KNOWING WHAT TO BUY WITH DECIDE.COMShould you buy the iPad mini now, or wait? Decide.com forecast price changes,aggregate reviews – and let you know if a new version is just around the corner.They even promise to refund you the difference if they’re wrong! DECIDE.COM (Desktop, Android, iOS, Blackberry)
5) HACK BUYING/SELLING USED WITH PRICEONOMICSHow much is that old iPod worth? Are you getting a good deal for that iPhone?Priceonomics monitors the prices of goods on sites like Craigslist and Ebay togive you a realistic valuation for used items. PRICEONOMICS.COM (Desktop, iOS)
HACK ‘THAT THING YOU CAN’T AFFORD’ WITH HUKKSTERIf you’ve ever hesitated buying something because it cost a little too much – you’lllove Hukkster. When you see something you like, just “Hukk it” and they’ll notifyyou the moment the price drops, or the item goes on sale. HUKKSTER.COM (Desktop)
HACK BUYING ANYTHING WITH TOPCASHBACKIf you’ve never tried a cashback site before, you’re missing out! Just visit a sitelike topcashback, search for the retailer you’d like to visit, and click through. Youinstantly earn (completely free)money back on everything you buy. TOPCASHBACK.COM (Desktop)
HACK DAILY DEALS SITES WITH DEAL DROPDrowning under emails from Groupon, Living Social, Gilt + everyone else in thedaily deals space? View every deal, all in one place with Deal Drop. DEALDROP.COM (Desktop, iOS, Android)
HACK ONLINE DEALS WITH ISLICKAmazon, Best Buy etc. are always running flash-sales, but how do you keeptrack? The iSlick App tracks these deals across a ton of online stores – keepingthem all in one place. iSLICKAPP.COM (iOS, Android)
HACK FASHION SALES WITH SHOPULARYou want to be the first to know about in-store sales, right? But that usuallymeans subscribing to stacks of email newsletters. The Shopular app tells youabout all the sales happening around you, and coupons, in one easy place! SHOPULARAPP.COM (iOS)
HACK BUYING IN-STORE WITH REDLASERJust scan the barcode of any product in-store, and Redlaser will let you know ifyou can find it at a better price, nearby. REDLASER.COM (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
HACK GROCERY COUPONS WITH GROCERYIQSearching flyers for coupons is a pain in the butt. Who has time? The Grocery IQApp makes it a breeze by putting them all in one app – just print them at home,and you’re set! GROCERYIQ.COM (iOS, Android)
HACK GROCERY SHOPPING (EVEN MORE!) WITH PUSHPINSPushpins takes a slightly more rounded approach to hacking grocery shopping,letting you create shopping lists, track aisles, view nutritional information ANDsee digital coupons & specials at 55,000 stores nationwide. PUSHPINSAPP.COM (iOS)
HACK GAS PRICES WITH GAS BUDDYGas prices can vary by as much as 30% over just a couple of miles. Stopoverpaying, and compare prices at stations near you with Gas Buddy. GASBUDDY.COM (iOS, Android, Blackberry) | MYGAS((UK Drivers)
HACK FREE SAMPLES WITH ILOVEFREETHINGSRetailers are always giving away samples, freebies, and promotions – but findingthem can be hard. Ilovefreethings aggregates all these offers in one place. ILOVEFREETHINGS.COM (Desktop, iOS, Android)
HACK YOUR DATA PLAN WITH TETHERDon’t pay crazy premiums to share your phone’s internet connection with yourPC. Create a personal hotspot with tether at a fraction of the cost. TETHER.COM (iOS, Android, Blackberry)
HACK YOUR DATA PLAN (EVEN MORE!) WITH ONAVOExtend your data plan up to 500% with the data compression service fromOnavo. Just grab the app and they’ll shrink your data, automatically, for free. ONAVO.COM (iOS, Android)
HACK THE APPSTORE WITH APPSFIREApp developers continually raise and lower prices to drive downloads, but howdo you know the best time to buy? Appsfire lets you know when apps are on sale– and lets you set up price alerts on apps you might like. APPSFIRE.COM (Android, iOS)
HACK TEXT MESSAGING WITH WHATSAPPSend free text, picture, and video messages to friends anywhere in the world.(Requires they also have WhatsApp installed). WHATSAPP.COM (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone)
HACK FREE INTERNATIONAL CALLS WITH REBTELSure, Skype can make cheap PC-to-Phone calls, but there’s a nifty hack you canuse with Rebtel to make free international Phone-to-Phone calls too! More here. REBTEL.COM (All phones | Apps for iOS, Android, Blackberry)
SUM MARY OF ALL THIS AWESOM ENESS:COUPONSATCHECKOUT (Finds coupons for you without searching)INVISIBLE HAND (Finds better prices)CAMELIZER (Tells you when to buy)DECIDE.COM (Tells you what to buy)PRICEONOMICS (The right price on used items)HUKKSTER (Know when the price drops)TOPCASHBACK (Cashback on pretty much anything)DEALDROP (Daily deals all in one place)iSLICK (Online Deal aggregator)SHOPULAR (Hack fashion sales)REDLASER (Scan in-store to find the best deal nearby)GROCERYIQ (Instant grocery coupons)PUSHPINS (Grocery shopping 2.0)GASBUDDY (Find the cheapest gas nearby)ILOVEFREETHINGS (Free samples)TETHER (Share your phone’s internet connection)ONAVO (Reduce your data plan)APPSFIRE (App deals and discounts)WHATSAPP (Free text messaging)REBTEL (Free international calling)
Happy hacking!Glad you found this? Let a friend know!
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.