2. The Library More than 47% ofthe entire community use the library.
3. Active Users 43,972 Cost (per Capita) $48.77Municipal Contribution 93% of Budget
4. The LibraryLess than the cost of adouble/double a week.
5. The Value Studies have shown that the community receives over $8in value for every $1 invested in libraries.
6. The Value We create young readers We stimulate imagination and We ensure school success creativity We connect the community with the We empower our residents with rich resources of the past skills for the 21s century creative We ensure that all residents in the economy community have access to the We satisfy curiosity internet We create a culture of learning, We create a place where people can interact with their neighbours creative problem solving and forward momentum. We inform residents about what is happening in their community We create social capital.
7. The SuccessesOne of the top 5 highestused library systems in the province.
8. The Successes Annual Circulation 1.2 Million Items Loaned Workstation Use 140,000 Wireless Use 28,000 Program Attendance 31,000 Partnership Events 319 Visits (walk in) 632,000
9. The Awards We have won more awardsthan any other library system in the province, except Toronto Public Library!
10. The Awards Minister’s Award for 2004 | 2002 | 1996 Innovation Minister’s Award for Excellence 2000 | 1995 TD National Summer Reading Program – 2011 Recognition for Program Excellence Industry Canada Best 2001 Practices Award