1. recommended by 46 National Cancer experts 16 Top National Cancer Nonprofits at
2. #1 Susan G. Komen for the Cure (Breast Cancer) The mission of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease by advancing research, education, screening, and treatment.
3. #2 American Cancer Society (Multiple Cancers) The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research, education, advocacy, and service.
4. #3 LIVESTRONG.org Lance Armstrong Foundation (Multiple Cancers) Our mission is to inspire and empower people with cancer to live strong. We serve our mission through education, advocacy, public health and research programs.
5. #4 The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Blood Cancers) The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
6. #5 St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (Children Cancers) The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.
7. #6 Cancer Support Community (Multiple Cancers) To ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
8. #7 Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (Multiple Myeloma) The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation relentlessly pursues innovative means that accelerate the development of next-generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend the lives of patients and lead to a cure.
9. #7 Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (Pancreatic Cancer) The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer.
10. #8 Fight Colorectal Cancer (Colorectal Cancer) Fight Colorectal Cancer is the leading colorectal cancer advocacy organization in Washington, DC, empowering survivors to raise their voices, training advocates around the country, and educating lawmakers and pushing them for better policies.
11. #9 CancerCare (Multiple Cancers) CancerCare helps individuals and families better cope with and manage the emotional and practical challenges arising from cancer. Our services–for patients, survivors, loved ones, caregivers, and the bereaved–include counseling and support groups, educational publications and workshops, and financial assistance. All of our services are provided by professional oncology social workers and are offered completely free of charge.
12. #10 Lung Cancer Alliance (Lung Cancer) Lung Cancer Alliance’s mission is to reverse decades of stigma and neglect by empowering those with or at risk for the disease, elevating awareness and changing health policy.
13. #11 National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (Multiple Cancer) The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship’s mission is to advocate for quality cancer care for all Americans.
14. #12 National Lung Cancer Partnership (Lung Cancer) Our mission is to decrease deaths due to lung cancer and to help patients live longer and better through research, awareness and advocacy.
15. #13 Prevent Cancer Foundation (Multiple Cancer) The mission of the Prevent Cancer Foundation is saving lives through cancer prevention and education. Our vision is to Stop Cancer Before It Starts . The Foundation focuses its energies and programs on those cancers—including lung, breast, prostate, colorectal, cervical, skin, oral and testicular—that can be prevented through lifestyle changes or early detection and prompt treatment!
16. #14 Friends of Cancer Research (Multiple Cancer) Friends of Cancer Research (Friends) is a cancer research think tank and advocacy organization based in Washington, DC. Friends is a leader in developing partnerships and advocating for policies that will get treatments and therapies to patients in the safest and quickest way possible. Working with federal health agencies, congressional leadership, academic research centers and private sector industry, Friends continues to create innovative educational, policy, and scientific approaches to improve health outcomes and cancer care.
17. #15 LUNGevity Foundation (Lung Cancer) The mission of LUNGevity Foundation is to have a meaningful and immediate impact on improving lung cancer survival rates, ensure a higher quality of life for lung cancer patients, and provide a community for those impacted by lung cancer. In order to accomplish our mission, LUNGevity funds the most promising research into the early detection and successful treatment of lung cancer. LUNGevity also supports the largest national grassroots lung cancer network, as well as the largest online support community for those affected by lung cancer.
18. To read more about our research visit: www.myphilanthropedia.org/top-nonprofits/national/cancer at