SharePoint2013 MigrationSolutionsor why Microsoft suddenly tookaway the in-place upgrade.
• SharePoint 2013 and what’s new • Assess your current SharePoint environment and plan the architecture of the new farm • MOSS 2007 migration and third party solutions • SharePoint 2010 migration and why in-place upgrade is no longer available • Prepare the farm for migration • Migrate supported service applications • Migrate content • Create evaluation sites • Migrate site collections and sites.The Agenda
• The Design Manager • Device Channels, display templates, etc. • HTML5, CSS3, all that coolness • Community Sites and Community Portal • The new search experience • Apps and the App Store • But wait… there is more!What’s new in SharePoint 2013
Which Service Apps are supported for migration?• Business Data Connectivity (Server and Foundation)• Managed Metadata• Performance Point• Secure Store• User Profile• Search AdministrationBackground: Supported Service Applications
• Excel Services• InfoPath Forms Services• Office Web AppsConsiderations for Specific Services
• Seriously, what happened to the in-place upgrade?SharePoint 2010 migration and why in-place upgrade isno longer available
• AvePoint: DocAve • Axceler: ControlPoint migration software • MetaVis: Migration Suite • SharegateMOSS 2007 migration and third party solutions
• Gather information about the 2010 farm• Clean-up• Prepare the new SharePoint 2013 farmAssess and Prepare
Hardware RequirementsFront End and RAM: 12 GBApplication CPU 64-bit 4 coresServer Tier Drive: 80 GB system driveSQL RAM: 8 GB (users < 1k) 16 GB (users 1k-10k)Server Tier CPU 64-bit 4 cores (users < 1k) 8 cores (users 1k-10k) Drive: 80 GB system driveInstall SharePoint 2013
Software RequirementsFront End and 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard, Enterprise or DatacenterApplication ServerTier Windows Server 2012 Standard or DatacenterSQL Server TierDatabase 64-bit edition of SQL Server 2012 64-bit edition of SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1OS 64-bit edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter Windows Server 2012 Standard or DatacenterInstall SharePoint 2013
• Copy content databases and service applications databases• Upgrade the service application databases• Create web applications and apply customizations• Verify: Test-SPContentDatabase• Upgrade the content databases: Mount-SPContentDatabaseUpgrade Databases
• Run site collection health checks• Upgrade site collections• Upgrade My SitesContent Migration (aka Upgrade Sites)
• Branding• Search• Authentication• Custom SolutionsWhat might/will not work?