Examples of organizations using these sitesHow recruiters/sourcers use these sitesGetting startedUse your devicesAsk questions and engage----- Meeting Notes (1/29/13 09:47) -----WILL NOT SUCK
Examples of organizations using these sitesHow recruiters/sourcers use these sitesGetting startedUse your devicesAsk questions and engage
A little about me….
I could break somethingI could embarrass myselfI don’t have the timeI could be hypnotized and find myself running a communeWhat are YOU afraid of?
http://blog.hirerabbit.com/40-amazing-statistics-every-social-recruiter-should-know/1 billion monthly active users as of October 2012. (source: Facebook Press)Facebook hosts 42 million “Pages” with 10 or more likes. (source: Jeff Bullas)584 million daily active users on average in September 2012. (source: Facebook Press)52% of job seekers used Facebook to help find work in 2012. (source: jobvite)14% job seekers searched for jobs on Facebook. (source: jobvite)23 percent of Facebook’s users check their account 5 or more times daily. (source: Socialnomics)Approximately 81% of Facebook’s monthly active users are outside the U.S. and Canada. (source: Facebook Press)Facebook has seen a 41% growth in active users from Russia, South Korea, Japan, India and Brazil during 2012. (source: DreamGrow)25% of users on Facebook don’t bother with any kind of privacy control. (source: AllTwitter)Facebook users can reach an average of more than 150,000 Facebook users through their Facebook friends; the median user can reach about 31,000 others. (source: pewinternet)1 in 5 job seeker had a contact share a job on Facebook (source: jobvite)250 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every day. (source: Jeff Bullas)65% of Facebook users are 35 or older, The average Facebook user is 40.5 years old. (source: pingdom)70% of Facebook-using job seekers are male, 63% are under the age of 40, 40% earn more than $75,000 and 36% are college graduates. (source: jobvite)604 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products as of September 30, 2012. (Source: Facebook Press)
http://blog.hirerabbit.com/40-amazing-statistics-every-social-recruiter-should-know/FEATURES: skills and expertise and linkedin signalAs of September 30, 2012, LinkedIn had more than 187 million members in over 200 countries and territories. (source : LinkedIn Press)63% of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States. (source : LinkedIn Press)Two new members sign up to LinkedIn every second. (source : LinkedIn Press)There are more than 1 million LinkedIn groups. (source : LinkedIn Press)38% of job seekers use LinkedIn to help find work in 2012. (source: jobvite)19% of job seekers had a contact share a job on LinkedIn. (source: jobvite)11% of job seekers searched for jobs on LinkedIn. (source: jobvite)79% of LinkedIn users are 35 or older; the average LinkedIn user is 40.5 years old. (source: pingdom)60% of LinkedIn-using job seekers are male, 62% are under the age of 40, 51% earn more than $75,000 and 50% are college graduates. (source: jobvite)
http://blog.hirerabbit.com/40-amazing-statistics-every-social-recruiter-should-know/SEARCH: site:twitter.com AND inurl:lists AND intitle:(employees | team) AND inurl:intuitThere are over 510 million twitter users. (source: All Twitter)32 percent of all internet users are using Twitter. (source: Marketing Land)In 2012, 1 million accounts are added to Twitter everyday. (source: Infographics Labs)11 accounts are created every second on Twitter. (source: Infographics Labs)There are 175 million tweets sent from Twitter every day in 2012. (source: Infographics Labs)The average user follows (or is followed by) 51 people. (source: Diego Basch’s Blog)Top 3 countries on Twitter are the USA at 107 million, Brazil 33 million and Japan at nearly 30 million. (source: Jeff Bullas)34% of job seekers use Twitter to help find work; up from 26% in 2011. (source: jobvite)69 percent of follows on Twitter are suggested by friends. (source: Web Analytics World)11% had a contact share a job on Twitter. (source: jobvite)26 percent of retweets are incited by a request to retweet. (source: Web Analytics World)10% jobseekers searched for jobs on Twitter. (source: jobvite)55% of Twitter users are 35 or older, The average Twitter user is 37.3 years old. (source: pingdom)67% of Twitter-using job seekers are male, 69% are under the age of 40, 46% earn more than $75,000 and 44% are college graduates. (source: jobvite)50 percent of Twitter users are using the social network via mobile. (source: Microsoft)
http://blog.hirerabbit.com/40-amazing-statistics-every-social-recruiter-should-know/625,000 new users on Google+ every day. (source: AllTwitter)Google+ pages appear in search results for 30 percent of brand term searches for brands with G+ pages. (source: Bright Edge)68 percent of Google+ users are Male, while 32 percent of Google+ users are female. (source:Mashable)42 percent of worldwide Google+ users are single; 27 percent are married. (source: Website-Monitoring )Google+ active users spend over 60 minutes a day across Google products (source: Jeff Bullas)Google+ users spend on average 12 minutes per day in the Google+. (source: Jeff Bullas)At least 60 percent of Google+ users log in daily. (source: tecmark)At least 80 percent of Google+ users engage on a weekly basis. (source: Chris Brogan)The Google +1 button is used 5 billion times per day. (source: AllTwitter)48 percent of fortune global 100 companies are now on Google+. (source: Burson-Marsteller)Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button. (source: HubSpot)
Just ask your employees – PREMERA – people are geekier than you think….YouTube is the third most trafficked website in the world, trailing only Google and Facebook. ( source: alexa )Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month. ( Source: YouTube )Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube. ( Source: YouTube500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook. ( Source: YouTube )over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute. ( Source: YouTube )Video results appear in about 70% of the top 100 listings, the type of content most often displayed in universal or blended search ( Source: Invodo )100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week ( Source: YouTube )Over 50% of videos on YouTube have either been rated or commented on by the community ( Source: YouTube )Millions of videos are favorited every day ( Source: YouTube )Videos are 53 times more likely than text pages to show up on the first page of search results. ( Source: Gigaom )
http://blog.hirerabbit.com/40-amazing-statistics-every-social-recruiter-should-know/Quick story…INTERNET IS A HOT MESS…dudepinsSEARCH site:pinterest.com AND inurl:board AND (UX | User Experience)Pinterest hit 10 million U.S. monthly unique visitors faster than any independent site in history. (source: Sirona Consulting)Total unique visitors to Pinterest increased by 2,702.2 percent between May 2011- Aug 2012. (source: Ultralinx)80 percent of Pinterest users are women, while 50 percent of all Pinterest users have children. (source: Search Engine Journal)The most popular age group on Pinterest is 25 – 34 year olds. (source: AllTwitter)28.1 percent of Pinterest users have an annual household income of $100,000. (source: Ultralinx)Users spend an average of 16 minutes on Pinterest a visit. (source: AllTwitter)83.9 percent of a pinners time is spent Pinning, while 15.5 percent is spent liking and 0.6 percent is spent leaving comments. (source: Repinly)Over 80 percent of pins are repins. (source: AllTwitter)25 percent of Fortune Global 100 companies have Pinterest accounts. (source: Burson-Marsteller)Out of 17 million brand engagements, 15 percent occurred on the brand’s boards and 85 percent occurred elsewhere on Pinterest. (source: Curalate)Over 1/5 of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily, which represents more than 2 million members. (source: AppData)
3 MILLION CHECKS INS PER DAYIntegrate text messaging
1. THE MODERNRECRUITER’S GUIDETO SOCIAL MEDIAPresented by Carmen HudsonPrincipal Consultant, Recruiting ToolboxVolt Workforce Solutions January 28, 2013
2. TODAY’S AGENDA01 Facebook 02 Twitter 03 LinkedIn 0504 Professional Social Google+ 06 Blogging
3. #WILLNOTSUCK01 Video 02 Professional Social 03 Visual Sharing 0504 Mobile Social Professional 06 Productivity
4. ABOUT ME
5. SOCIAL MEDIA IS A LOT LIKE HOT YOGA It’s a hot mess But, it’s good for you You get better the more1 2 3 you do it
6. FEAR IS RATIONALIntellectual Productivity Capital Security
7. LINKSTERS SEND 110 TEXT MESSAGES ADAY HOW WE COMMUNICATENot only are we using differenttools to communicate, the way wecommunicate is changing. Brevity,casual language and visual aidsare valued over wordy, formalcommunications.And, studies show that “Linksters”think very differently about privacy,freedom of speech and informationtransparency.
8. DON’T BE SCURRED Harvard Business ReviewAny organization can get lucky andhave a single successfulimplementation of social media.Social leaders, on the other hand,build collaborative capabilitythrough a learning process thatstarts with understanding theircurrent attitude and taking thesteps required to buildingconfidence and trust. This turns asingle social media success into a The Social Organization How to Use Social Media to Tap the Collective Genius of Your Customers and Employeessustained source of competitive By Anthony J. Bradley and Mark P. McDonald Harvard Business Review Press, October 2011advantage..
9. FACEBOOK FOR BRANDING JOBS ENGAGE | LEARN Post jobs, feature hot jobs, Your fans want to hear from video previews you – they will consume anything new, original or interesting INFORM ADVERTISE Think beyond your website; Target potential candidates use Facebook to keep and clients through candidates and clients Facebook’s powerful informed about your advertising platform. And, successes, your process, the new search platform your team promises to be equally powerful
10. LINKEDIN FOR CONNECTING JOBS ENGAGE | LEARN LinkedIn is a great place to Use the status updates to post jobs, but ensure that engage your network; existing employees repost participate in groups for them for maximum additional visibility and to effectiveness broaden your network INFORM ADVERTISE Your company page may Consider LinkedIn targeted be the first place potential advertising programs, candidates or clients find including display ads and you. Make sure your email targeting, to reach followers can find your audience additional information about your company
11. TWITTER FOR SOURCING JOBS ENGAGE | INFORM Post jobs and engage your Twitter is one of the best followers. A steady stream places to keep up with of job postings is not industry trends and learn interesting! from experts. Direct your followers to CRM-enabled links SOURCE ADVERTISE Twitter users often do not Grow your network through overlap with LinkedIn targeted Twitter advertising, users. Twitter profiles – even inactive ones – are a great source of passive candidates
12. GOOGLE+ FOR PAGERANK JOBS ENGAGE | INFORM Post jobs, feature hot jobs, Share photos, videos, video previews articles and more. Provide an intimate overview of what it’s like to work for your company. SOURCE HANGOUT Build an advanced search Universities are among the to find profiles. Use first to jump on the Google Rapportive + Gmail to find Hangout band wagon. contact info. Schedule a hangout in advance or create an impromptu event.
13. VIDEOS THAT ROCKPRAGMATIC PEOPLE-FOCUSED HUMOROUS
14. PINNING SHARING AND LIKING JOBS ENGAGE | INFORM Not yet. Women and creative professionals are flocking to Pinterest. Great place to track brands and design trends SOURCE Find designers, retail professionals and others using passive sourcing tactics
15. PROFESSIONAL SOCIAL MEETUP GITHUB Meetups are informal Github is a code repository gatherings organized – open source developers around topic, profession, or share code and collaborate event. Search for group on technical projects. members or consider sponsoring a meetup. QUORA SLIDESHARE Quora is a Q&A site edited 16 Million users upload and organized by users. presentations to slideshare The site has over 500,000 – find experts on any topic, registered users. follow brands, share documents.
16. TALENT IS MOBILEAPPS OR MOBILE LOCATION BASED ENABLED?Check out your career site For 20 million FoursquareGoogle Analytics – an users, “checking in” in is aincreasing number of way of life. Combined withcandidates are finding your GPS-enabled apps likesite via mobile device; Highlight or Sonar, locationsmartphone or tablet. How based apps is a powerful –does your website rate on and sneaky – way to discovermobile platforms? Want to passive talentcreate an app? Proceed withcaution. Launching an apprequires extensive marketingas well as technologyexpertise.
17. KEEPING UP KEEPING TRACK HOOTSUITE: MY SECRET WEAPONManage almost all of your socialmedia activities from onedashboard. Pre-schedule tweetsand status updates. Instantly postto all of your social mediaproperties. Track followers and fans,and measue the results..
18. LET’S CONNECT firstname.lastname@example.org E m L http://www.linkedin.com/in/ca I rmenhudson/ T @peopleshark W www.recruitingtoolbox.com
19. VOLT WORKFORCE SOLUTIONSTHANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME