• Serving as a desirable model; representing the
best of its kind
• Worthy of imitation, commendable;
• Extremely good and deserving to be admired
• Syn: perfect, ideal, model, faultless,
flawless, impeccable, irreproachable
Dispositions of leaders
• Consistently as opposed to often
• Regularly as opposed to occasionally
• Clearly as opposed to seems
• Routinely as opposed to sometimes
• Proactively as opposed to as needed
• Maximizes as opposed to employs
• Leverages as opposed to exercises
Kouzes and Posner’s (2012)
Leadership Practices Inventory
• Can apply to introverts or
• Model the way
• Inspire a shared vision
• Challenge the process
• Enable others to act
• Encourage the heart
• Go above and beyond
• Inspire others
• Take risks
• Admit failures
• Keep trying
• Continue learning
• Exercise strengths
Achieve the extraordinary!
Aim for your personal best!
Transform your practice!
Liberate your inner leader!