1. Rapid Drupal Development with Features Module & Drush <ul><li>Presented By: Matthew Connerton </li></ul>
2. About Me <ul><li>Asheville, NC
3. Drupal developer!
4. Module maintainer
5. php | mysql | jquery
6. Beer lover </li><ul><li>(in case you're buying) </li></ul><li>@connerton </li></ul>
7. What is a feature? A feature is a collection of Drupal entities (e.g. views, contexts, CCK fields, etc.) which taken together satisfy a certain use-case <ul><li>Features are modules, but at a higher level of abstraction
8. Key differences: </li><ul><li>Code is generated, not written by hand
9. Collects functionality rather than creating it
10. Easily enabled by lay people, and they don't have to look at the core modules page to do it </li></ul></ul>
11. Live Demo <ul><li>Image Gallery </li><ul><li>Multiple Content Types
26. What can drush_make do? <ul><li>Download Drupal core, as well as contrib modules from drupal.org.
27. Fetch themes and installation profiles.
28. Check code out from CVS, SVN, git and bzr repositories.
29. Download plain .tar.(gz) and .zip files (particularly useful for libraries that can not be distributed directly with drupal core or modules).
30. Fetch and apply patches </li></ul>
31. Magic Drush Make Demo
32. What Features can't do <ul><li>Some common needs that features can't handle yet on its own: </li><ul><li>Exporting taxonomy vocabularies. </li><ul><li>Exportables module can help with this </li></ul></ul><li>Exporting variables.
33. Enabling blocks.
34. Exporting nodes (not really within scope).
35. Probably more things </li></ul>
36. So Whats Next? <ul><li>Installation profiles
37. Installation Automation (to the nation?) </li></ul>
38. Questions? Discussion? Beer Time? <ul><li>What you want: </li><ul><li>http://drupal.org/project/features
41. http://drupal.org/project/drush_make </li></ul><li>What you need: </li><ul><li>http://mrconnerton.com (thats me!)