Monique:Introduce Poll Everywhere – have you studied at UofT before? Have you used Poll Everywhere (or something similar) before?
Monique -- poll everywhere questions about the websiteQuick overview: Tcards, cash to card, scanning / printing / photocopying, renewals, holds
Pat talks – Monique at the keyboardInclude Trillium List
Monique – explains the difference between Summon and database
1. LIBRARY / RESEARCHSKILLS ITE Inner City Option September 13, 2012
2. Who are you andwhat do youalready know?
4. OBJECTIVESBy the end of today’s session, you’ll be able to: find resources for your practicum (math manipulatives, textbooks, science kits, children’s books, and more) search Summon and ERIC to find research articles
5. oise.library.utoronto.ca ACTIVITY #1
6. FINDING RESOURCES FOR YOUR PRACTICUM Math manipulatives Textbooks Games And more!
7. oise.library.utoronto.ca ACTIVITY #2
8. FINDING ARTICLES Summon Search vs. Database Searching
9. RESEARCH TOPICI’ve heard that boys at the elementary level are often less interested in reading than girls. I’m interested in learning about how technology can be used to encourage boys to read.STEP 1. IDENTIFY (AND UNDERLINE) KEY IDEAS / KEYWORDS.
10. STEP 2. BRAINSTORM SYNONYMSKeywords Synonyms
11. OTHER (FREE) BRAINSTORMING TOOLSLINOIT HTTP://LINOIT.COM
12. OTHER (FREE) BRAINSTORMING TOOLSHTTP://POPPLET.COM/
13. STEP 3. SEARCH SPECIFIC DATABASESSearch an education database: ERIC CBCA Education
14. STEP 4. SEARCH SUMMONDidn’t find what you’re looking for? Try searching Summon.Refine your results (for example, limit to journal articles, in English, published after 2005)Save your references.