Androidis the worlds most popular mobile platform. With Android you can use all the Google apps you know and love, plus there are more than 600,000 apps and games available on Google Play to keep you entertained, alongside millions of songs and books, and thousands of movies. Android devices are already smart, and will only get smarter, with new features you wont find on any other platform, letting you focus on whats important and putting you in control of your mobile experience.
Who founded Android, Inc.?O Android, Inc. was founded in Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003 by Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger), Rich Miner (co-founder of Wildfire Communications, Inc.), Nick Sears (once VP at T-Mobile), and Chris White(headed design and interface development at WebTV). to develop, in Rubins words "...smarter mobile devices that are more aware of its owners location and preferences."
Why most of people love android tablet devices?Android tablet devices are greatgadgets which could be practically usedfor anything from a technological point ofview. There is no doubt that multi-functionality is what attracts most of theloyal users who tend to buy every newmodel of the android devices no matter ifit is a tablet or an android phone. If somethought is given, it could be easilyconcluded that the android tablet isactually replacing the laptops because itcan be used for chatting, playing games,preparing documents, readingdocuments, sending mails, listening tomusic etc. It is pretty much likesomething that replaces a computer,MP3 player and even a mobile phone.That’s right! Some of the most recent
*Many People who have iPhone’s will try to point out the “great features” of the iOS, however they don’t know what they are missing out on. There are manythings about the iOS, that are just plain irritating, and I will point them out.
The iPhone lacks a back button, a featurewhich pretty much all Android phones have tobegin with. For example, if you’re reading an email and you click on a link, it opens up Safari, and to get back to your email, you have to press the home button, and click onthe mail app again. (This was somewhat fixed with iOS 4.0 multitasking but the functionality of Android is still better.)
2. Default Apps So far, it is impossible to set default apps for certain actions on theiPhone. However, on Android, this is a piece of cake. If you want to set Opera or Dolphin as the default web browser, you can do so easily but on iPhone, you have to open the app up manually, since Safari cannot be changed as the default web browser.
3. Notification SystemThe Android slide-downnotification bar is amazing,however, theiPhone notificationsystem is horrendous.
4. WIDGETS Android Widgets are absolutelyamazing. The iPhone lacks Widgets altogether. Android widgets can beplaced on the home screen(s), and can provide you with quick news updates, live scorecards for sport,messages, email, and much, much, more.
5. Memory Apple is too restrictive on what their customers can do and what they can’t. For example, the iPhone doesn’thave a slot for micro-SD cards. If you want more memory on an iPhone, you’ll have to pay an outrageous sum of money for an iPhone with a higher capacity of memory.(There is a significant price difference between the 16GB and 32GB iPhones.) Pretty much all AndroidPhones, on the other hand, have a compartment to put a micro-SD card into, and with the release of Android 2.2(Froyo), many apps can be saved onto the SD card, saving you a lot of valuable phone memory.
6. Integration On Android, if you want,your Facebook contacts can be integrated into your phonebook. This a feature which the iPhone lacks.
Personally, I hated having to repeatedly sync my iPhone with iTunes. With Android, plug your phone into the computer, and it’s just drag and drop, which believe me, is much quicker andconvenient than syncing. So, your Android phone can even replace your USB. The iPhone can’t even be started for the first time without iTunes!
8. Android MarketThe Android Market doesn’tsend you back to the homescreen every time you want to download/update anapp. I have found this to be very irritating on the App Store.
9. FLASH Many Android phones have Adobe Flash support, while the iPhone only has html5 support. Without flash, many videos on theInternet cannot be viewed, making YouTube, Facebook Video, And TwitVid, some of the only video sites supported by the iPhone.
10. Developers Apple charges people whowant to develop applicationsfor the App Store $100/year, while Google only charges Android developers $5, soonce again Android prevails.
The email system on the iPhone is horrible. You have to manually check for email, unlike onAndroid, on which you are notified of an email as soon as it arrives. Also, if you have already viewed/read an email on your computer (eg. on Hotmail), it willappear as unread on your iPhone. This is a big disadvantage for people who use email a lot.
4G Speeds:Ever since the HTC EVO4G launched on Sprint’s WiMAXnetwork in summer 2010, we’veseen more and more Androidhandsets with next-gen networksupport. Today, every majorcarrier sells 4G Android phones,including Verizon, which has halfa dozen LTE handsets that candownload at speeds between 10and 20 Mbps while the 3G iPhone4S will be lucky to pull down 1.5to 2 Mbps. Buy your iPhone 4Swith a two-year contract andyou’ll be stuck on a 2008-eranetwork in 2013.
Load Any With iOS, developers and usersApp You are at the mercy of Apple’s Want: standards board. With Android, there are literally dozens of app stores in addition to Google’s Android Market. Want to program your own app and distribute it your friends? With Android, it’s no problem; just give your friends the install file, tell them to check the “Unknown sources” box in their settings menu, and go to town.
Keyboard If you don’t likeFlexibility: Android’s stock keyboard, you have dozens of third-party alternatives, from Swype to Better Keyboard. Better still, you can buy an Android handset with a honest-to-goodness physical keyboard. If you don’t like the iPhone’s keyboard, you’ll need to jailbreak it in order to install an alternative.
With the iPhone 4S,you can get anyscreen size you wantas long as it’s 3.5inches. With the widerange of Androidphones available, youcan choose from tinyform factors such asthe MotorolaCharm or huge ones,such as the 4.5-inch Samsung Infuse.It’s your choice, notApple’s.
With a Near Field NFC Communications (NFC) chip,Support/Mobile Android phones such as the Payments: Samsung Nexus S and the HTC Amaze 4G can double as your wallet, allowing you to tap and pay at a growing number of retail outlets. In the future, NFC chips will also allow your phone to be used as an ID card or a keycard. Maybe then, Apple will add this promising technology to its phones.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.