1. WELCOME TO TEDx Edinburgh 2009 LOCAL MODELS OF SUSTAINABILITY, INCLUSION AND PARTICIPATION in Economy, Business, Learning, Governance, Creativity, Technology and Society VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
2. THIS SLIDESET IS WORK IN PROGRESS IT SUMMARISES IDEAS CONTRIBUTED BY VARIOUS PEOPLE DURING VARIOUS STAGES OF PLANNING. A FINAL VERSION WILL BE CIRCULATED AS COMMENTS AND REVISIONS ARE INCORPORATED ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WELCOME AND ACKNOWLEDGED! VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
3. What: A program of exciting talks Where: Central Edinburgh When: Fall/Winter 2009 ‘ Who: ‘Thought leaders’ and innovators who share similar values, visions and vibrations VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
4. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TEDlike experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x=independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. “This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.” READ MORE: http://www.ted.com/tedx VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
5. <ul><li>LOCAL MODELS OF SUSTAINABILITY AND PARTICIPATION </li></ul><ul><li>in Economy, Business, Learning, Governance, Creativity </li></ul><ul><li>Every social activity is based on cultivating what people have in common, sharing and being part of a greater whole </li></ul><ul><li>Thanks also to the web and ease of communication, examples and models of participation are becoming more visible </li></ul><ul><li>In the past and present history of Scotland, many great examples are to be found </li></ul>
6. Things we want to hear about from our speakers: LOCAL MODELS OF SUSTAINABILITY AND PARTICIPATION EXPERIENCES STORIES BUSINESS MODELS THEIR IMPACT SUCCESSES/CHALLENGES OPPORTUNITIES HOW TO GET STARTED IN SUSTAINABILITY AND PARTICIPATION
7. TALKS WILL BE INSPIRED BY: VALUES Ethical values, and economic values, the value society, your values VISIONS Everything in life is an act of creation, and visions are behind every act of creation VIBRATIONS What resonates, what makes people tick, what moves you and fills you with energy
8. LOCAL MODELS OF SUSTAINABILITY AND PARTICIPATION VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
9. GOALS OF TEDx Edinburgh: To speak and to listen about models of participation, their impact to lean about what's going on, to promote, openness, the value economy and the value society, to meet great new people, to share ideas, to learn about exciting projects, to inspire, to be inspired, to make connections, to come up with new ideas and more models of participations what would you like to get out or TEDx Edinburgh? VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
10. We are looking for (max, maybe less?): 9 talks 18 minutes 4 talks 6 minutes We would like to hear stories, visions, experiences, successes, challenges, survivals, more (add what you would like to see here!)
11. Size of the event: We are planning for a maximum of 9 main speakers, and an audience of a few dozens, We are aiming for small, cozy and enthusiastic audience, but the door will be open and an extra seat for anyone else you may want to invite! We'll make extra room if necessary....
12. Sponsorship opportunities: This event aims to be organised with no money exchanging hands, entirely with ‘in kind’ sponsorships and thanks to the individual initiative of organisers and participants, Contribute IDEAS and RESOURCES to the planning of the following: a great venue spreading the word/promotion audiovisual soundtrack freebies, props, bagpipes? great speakers refreshments anything you want to contribute
13. Your role: participate! Pitch your ideas! Send us your suggestions! Do you anyone who would make a good speaker on this theme? Would you like to speak? Some thoughts on the theme? Help with planning and promotion? How we could make this a better event for you? Talk to us!
14. TEDx Edinburgh Proposed Timeline (indicative and subject to change) August 2009: brainstorming for ideas, evaluate options, look for organising contributors September 2009: decide venue, date, send invitations to speakers October 2009: locate the resources, sponsors, promote the event November 2009: event happens if everything else has fallen in place?
15. What next? Get in touch! We have preplanning meetings in Edinburgh and Glasgow announced to the following groups: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TEDxEvents?v=feed&story_fbid=199792490553#/group.php?gid=98429706494 On Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=2071243&trk=anet_ug_grppro NING http://tedxedin.ning.com/ twitter #tedxedin Pop us an email! [email_address]
16. Acknowledgment Thanks to those have expressed interest and support in contributing to the organisation and planning. Special thanks especially to those who are contributing time, ideas and resources THIS PLAN SO FAR INCLUDES IDEAS FROM Leslie, Rob, Piercarla, Ruth, Daniel, Brian
17. Special thanks to: TEDx Edinburgh Logo by Total Immersion Make a contribution to this event and add your name/logo here!
18. HOW TO CONTRIBUTE: TAKE ON A TASK : Talk to your MP to sponsor this event in Scottish Parliament (if more than one MP sponsor it all the better), or suggest other suitable venue Help refine/improve/clarify the ideas on this slideset Suggest a speaker Spread the word about this event Help us find a sponsor for some of the required resources (refreshment, props, audiovisuals, photography etc) Let us know if you have a great idea on how to contribute otherwise VALUES VISIONS VIBRATIONS
19. THIS SET OF SLIDES IS WORK IN PROGRESS AND LIKELY TO CHANGE/EVOLVE THANKS TO GROWING INPUT FROM INTERESTED PARTIES