Twitter bestpractices for Startups By K9 Ventures http://www.k9ventures.com/2010/08/twitter-best-practices-for-startups/
1. Quality not Quantity - “Would my followers really care about this information?” - Look for followers that are truly interested in your company, or your product, or what you have to say
2. Limit self promotion - Anyone who is following you on Twitter already knows about you. - They want to know just about major announcements, news, and/or press mentions - Your followers should feel informed, not bombarded
3. Announcements/Service Updates - Make announcements about what is going on - If you’re having problems, don’t be afraid to tell people that you’re sorry and working on fixing it.
4. Engage w/@Replies and RTs
People like to be reTwitted
- @Replies are a great way to engage with specific followers without bombarding all your followers
And… 5. Monitor your brand and listen to your followers 6. Do not spam 7. Stay classy 8. Be real