2. WHO IS PCI? • Broken • Beloved • Belonging • Building • Bridging
3. "OF COURSE GOD LOVES ME."Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood andprayed thus with himself, `God, I thankthee that I am not like othermen, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, oreven like this tax collector.
4. 12 I fast twice a week, I give tithes of allthat I get.
5. 13 Butthe tax collector, standing faroff, would not even lift up his eyes toheaven, but beat hisbreast, saying, `God, be merciful to me asinner!
6. 14I tell you, this man went down to hishouse justified rather than the other; forevery one who exalts himself will behumbled, but he who humbles himselfwill be exalted."
7. Titus 3:3 For we ourselves were oncefoolishourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts andpleasures, spending our lives in maliceand envy, hateful, hating one another;
8. 4 butwhen the kindness of God ourSavior appeared, 5 he saved us, notbecause of deeds done by us inrighteousness, but in virtue of his ownmercy, by the washing of regenerationand renewal in the Holy Spirit,
9. 6 which he poured out upon us richlythrough Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 sothat we might be justified by his graceand become heirs in hope of eternal life.
10. THE PRODIGAL SONLuke 15:17 "When he came to hissenses, he said, How many of myfathers hired men have food tospare, and here I am starving to death!
11. THE PRODIGAL SON18I will set out and go back to my fatherand say to him: Father, I have sinnedagainst heaven and against you.
12. THE PRODIGAL SON19I am no longer worthy to be calledyour son; make me like one of yourhired men. 20 So he got up and went tohis father….
13. THE PRODIGAL SONWHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT FROM THE FATHER?
14. THE PRODIGAL SONLuke 15:20 …"But while the son wasstill a long way off, his father saw himand was filled with compassion for him; "COMPASSION"
15. THE PRODIGAL SONLuke 15:20… he ran to his son, threw hisarms around him and kissed him.
16. THE PRODIGAL SONLuke 15:22 "But the father said to hisservants, Quick! Bring the best robe andput it on him. Put a ring on his fingerand sandals on his feet.
17. THE PRODIGAL SON23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Letshave a feast and celebrate. 24 For this sonof mine was dead and is alive again; hewas lost and is found.
18. THE PRODIGAL SONLuke 15:24 …So they began to celebrate.
19. "BELOVED" DEMONSTRATEDRomans 5:8 But God demonstrates Hisown love for us in this: While we werestill sinners, Christ died for us.
20. "BELOVED" DEMONSTRATEDRomans 5:7 Very rarely will anyone diefor a righteous man, though for a goodman someone might possibly dare to die.
21. "BELOVED" DEMONSTRATEDRomans 5:6 You see, at just the righttime, when we were stillpowerless, Christ died for the ungodly.
22. WHO DO WE STRIVE TO BE?2 Corinthians 7:1 Since we have thesepromises, beloved, let us cleanseourselves from every defilement of bodyand spirit, and make holiness perfect inthe fear of God.
23. WHO DO WE STRIVE TO BE?Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators ofGod, as beloved children. 2And walk inlove, as Christ loved us and gave himselfup for us, a fragrant offering andsacrifice to God.
24. WHO DO WE STRIVE TO BE?Philippians 4:1 Therefore, mybrethren, whom I love and long for, myjoy and crown, stand firm thus in theLord, my beloved.
25. WHO DO WE STRIVE TO BE?Colossians 3:12 Put on then, as Godschosen ones, holy andbeloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience,
26. WHO DO WE STRIVE TO BE?Philemon 1:16 … no longer as a slave butmore than a slave, as a belovedbrother, especially to me but how muchmore to you, both in the flesh and in theLord.