2. 1. The quality of mercyis rooted in ____ not
3. 2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise beto the God and
Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of
merciesand the God of all comfort,
4. 4 whocomfortsus inall our troubles, so that we
can comfortthose in any trouble with the
comfortwe ourselves havereceivedfromGod.
5. Luke 6:36 Be merciful,just as your Father is
merciful.37 "Donot judge, and you willnot be
judged. Donot condemn,and you will not be
condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
6. 2. Mercyis part of our_______to forgivenessjourney
7. Matthew 18:21 Then Peter cameto Jesus and
asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgivemy
brother when he sins against me?Up to seven
8. 22 Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times,
but seventy-seven times.
9. 23 "Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a
king whowanted to settleaccounts with his
10. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed
himten thousand talents was brought to him.
11. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master
orderedthat he and his wife and his children
and all that he had besold to repay the debt.
12. 26 The servant fell on his knees beforehim. 'Be
patient with me,'he begged, 'and I will pay back
13. 27The servant's master took pity on him,
canceledthe debt and let himgo.
14. 28 But when that servant went out, he found one
of his fellowservants whoowed him ahundred
denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke
him. 'Pay back what you oweme!' hedemanded.
15. 29 His fellowservant fell to his knees and begged
him,'Be patient withme,and I will pay you
16. 30 But he refused. Instead, he went off and had
the man thrown into prison until he couldpay
17. 31 When the other servants saw what had
happened, they weregreatly distressed and
went and told their master everything that had
18. 32 Then the master called the servant in. 'You
wickedservant,' he said, 'I canceledall that debt
of yours because you begged me to.
19. 33 Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow
servant just as I had on you?'
20. 34In anger his master turned him over to the
jailers to betortured, until he should pay back
all he owed.
21. 35 This is how my heavenly Father willtreat each
of you unless you forgive your brother fromyour
22. 27The servant's master took pity on him,
canceledthe debt and let himgo.
23. 3. Weonly __________mercy to the extent
that we ______mercy to others.
24. Matthew 6:12 Forgive us ourdebts, as we also
25. 14 For if you forgive menwhen they sin against
you, your heavenly Father will also forgiveyou.
15 But if you do not forgivemen their sins, your
Father will not forgiveyour sins.
26. Ephesians 2:4 But because of his great love for
us, God, whois rich inmercy,
5 made us alive with Christ even when wewere
dead in transgressions -it is bygrace you have
27. "We proclaim whetherwe have receivedforgiveness
or not, by whether we forgive or not. If I am forgiven,
I shall forgive.None of us has bynature a forgiving
spirit. If you now have such a spirit, you have it for
one reason only. You have seen what God has done
for you in spite of what you deserve. You say, 'I know
that I am truly forgiven; therefore, I truly forgive.'"
D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
28. 4. A ______ _____blocks us from______
29. Matthew 7:1 "Donot judge, oryou too willbe
judged. 2 For inthe same way you judge others,
you will be judged, and with the measure you
use, it will be measured to you.
30. Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judgeyour
brother? Or why do you look downon your
brother? For we will all stand before God's
31. 11 It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
will confessto God.'" 12 So then, each of us will
give an account of himselfto God.