1. HARO integration with Tracky (The unofficial guide)
2. Typical workflow for source(s):• Identify pitch for self, • If a journalist likes the pitch client or peer. then the PR rep or source – Self: write pitch or gather needs to do prep work, information, email reporter schedule an interview or – Client: Email explanation of respond to written Q&A. pitch to see if interested, • If journalist doesn’t select wait for email as source, still need to – Peer: Email explanation of follow up with client to let pitch, leave ball in their court them know.• If client is interested, • When story runs, need to typically takes two to three update all involved, thank emails to finalize pitch reporter and share the prior to sending. story via social networks.
3. Create a better way topitch, follow up and archive…
4. Set deadlines, delegate, work real-time and get everything done in one place. Easily dragand drop team members or When story runs,clients into the track. post to social networks or add to Buffer from within the track. Privacysettings, like secret and private.Set deadlines,mark complete Instead of when done emailing, put all and always discussion,have for future research, files reference. related to story in one place for easy reference.
5. Step 1: Sign up for Tracky, create a Public Relations group for all PR tasks.
6. Step 2: Invite in your key PR players. Click here to invite people not already on Tracky.
7. Step 3: Create an “urgent media opportunities” track
8. Step 4: Include one media opp in each subtrack.
9. HOW TO label query:• Referral source (e.g. HARO) • Title of query (e.g. looking for op 10 apps) • Add person who will be the source in parentheses
10. The details• Assign team members from the group • Add a deadline • Copy and paste the query in the discussion • Work on the pitch in the discussion • Include a copy of the pitch in the discussion.
11. Follow up• Update status and/or progress in the discussion. • Mark the subtrack complete if you don’t hear back or when the story runs. • If the story runs, include a link in the discussion and an arJcle screenshot as an a:achment.
12. You can always easily access completed pitches or pullresults for media reports.