12. Communications Comes Into FocusCompanies want: Marketing Public • Direct access to consumers Relations• Opportunities to engage with audiences• Continuous Messaging that is easy to share• Analytics, ROIThey want to communicate in away that combines PR, Marketing Advertisingand Advertising.
13. Traditional Public Relations ModelThe model has changed.... Follow The Conversation on Twitter @PRNewswireIL
15. News Traffic Landscape• Yahoo ranks as the top global news site. Google News is the second largest online news property in the world in terms of traffic.• Yahoo News• Google News• New York Times• CNN• China’s QQ.com• BBC• MSN Follow The Conversation on Twitter @PRNewswireIL
16. Pew Research Center’s• 57% of internet users share links to news stories• 30% get news through Social Networks• 6% get news via Twitter feeds
17. Follow The Conversation on Twitter @PRNewswireIL
18. The Long Tail of Corporate Content Mainstream Media Pickup Blogs / Twitter / Online Pubs News Release Immediate Online Pickup Weekly Trade Pubs Monthly Trades Quarterly Pubs / Journals Release Goes Out Search Share Blog Conversation
19. Head Traditional Media S Reach ns in g N IO Online Media ll io h ILL B i ac SEARCH Tail M Re
20. Principles to Communicating Your Message TodayFollow The Conversation on Twitter @PRNewswireIL
21. Building the FoundationFollow The Conversation on Twitter @PRNewswireIL
22. Surround Your Content withLinks to Relevant Content
23. Make Your ContentEasy to Use
24. Tips for SEO & News Releases• Create Tweetable Headlines – 120 Characters to allow for the ReTweet• In reality – Headlines need to be 65 – 80Characters with spaces. Headline is theTitle Tag• Think Keyword Phrases not Keywords –42% of searches performed use 3-5Keywords – Comscore• Use links in releases – Deep Links!Concentrate those links in the first 3paragraphs of the release.
32. PRSA 2010 International ConferenceWashington, DCOct. 16 – 19, 2010 • Open to all attendees with a smartphone •Placed codes all over the conference, name tags, sessions, even other exhibitor booths •Over 1000 Tweets with #prngame in 3 days •19% of all Tweets with the #prsa_ic official hashtag included #PRNGame #prngame
33. “It’s not about using newmedia; it’s about using media innew ways”Dr. Craig Lefebvre Follow The Conversation on Twitter @PRNewswireIL
34. “Video isthe new Voice!”John Chambers, CEO Cisco
35. The ARC Engagement PlatformAAccess your audiences via multi‐channel distributionARReach them with dynamic multimedia contentCConnect, interact, transact and engage