1. Copyright:Right to Copy Michael Serratore, Nelson Wu, Haoyue Chen & Steph Miles
2. Jonathan BaileyPlagarismtoday.com
5. DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS!!
6. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE!!!
7. What We Are DoingNico - Transition from traditional to digital online - Online PiracyMichael - Dangers of new copyright laws - Our current rights as usersNelson - Hong Kong law changes threat to Freedom - New business models in the digital ageSteph - Creative commons
8. Traditional Publishing
9. Digital Online Publishing
11. EBOOK AND BOOK
14. In a digital environment, copiescan move at the speed of light.
15. Publishing IndustryPiracy
16. Internet Piracy and File Sharing
17. Internet Piracy
18. P2P Networks
19. True Blogging
20. Free Culture VS. Copyright
21. How it affects you
22. We all pirate
23. Piracy can becomeour problem
24. What is SOPA?
25. Caused massive internet protest
26. Targets illegal activity
27. Can block web searches
28. How will I watch my weeklyshows?
29. Copyright owners have aright to protect theircontent from being stolen
30. But its impossible for asite to monitor all content
31. The internet is for sharing
32. Copyright is not evil
33. But users still have rights
34. User Generated Content
35. A video this popular wasremoved.It can happen to anyone!
36. Do we need a lawyer todefend us?
37. Can I take on a copyrightclaim from a big company?
38. We can defend ourselves ifwe know our rights
39. There is so much info outthere that can make copyrighthard to understand
40. But Ima spell itout for you
41. Copyright law is differentfor each country
42. US Copyright lawuses a system of
43. Fair Use Factors:1.Purpose and character2.Nature of copyrighted work3.How much is used andtransformed4.Economic effects
45. A user can defend themselvesif argued correctly
46. But your work cant be toosimilar to the original
47. The US takes free speechseriously
48. Fair Dealing provisions:- Review or criticism- Research or study- News reporting- Legal proceedings- Parody and satire
49. Australian law lags behindthe US.Lacks a specific defence fortransformed works
50. Outside of RMIT, we cant usethe research or study defence!
51. Meanwhile...in Hong Kong
52. Sharing become a felony
53. Infringing materials?
55. Derogatory treatment Chief Executive of Hong Kong
56. What Hong Kong people worrying about...
57. You cant share stuff on these site
58. Just Avengers....wait..
59. Government have the right to caught you if you make pictures of these guys Zeddie Little Kim Jong-unRidiculously photogenic guy Supreme Leader of North Korea
60. The three-strikes Hadopi law
61. ns io l l M i1 2
62. ase... pleFre nch
63. Download? Fine Upload? NO!
64. Stricter law wont help
65. Winner- use the new technologyLosser- follow old business model
66. The Inner Room(2011)
67. Jumped into top 250after the movie pirated on BitTorrent
68. The platform of gain exposure
69. What you can do toprotect yourselffrom these guys.
70. Creative Commons 3 Main Licences
71. 3 Main Licences + Non-CommercialLICENCES SYMBOLS TYPE OF YOU CAN USEAttribution Commercial and · Copy non-commercial(BY) · Adapt or modify; · Redistribute · License to others.Attribution Commercial and · Copy, Adapt or modify; non-commercial-Share · RedistributeAlike (BY- · License same terms asSA) the original workAttribution Commercial and · Copy non-commercial-No · Redistribute verbatimDerivative copies;works (BY- · License to others.ND)
72. Traditional PermissionBased System
73. Creative Commons wants to fosterinnovation and creativity
74. Permission upfront
75. Copyright:Right to CopyMichael Serratore, Nelson Wu, Haoyue Chen & Steph Miles