2. To get an end result of the left image to the right image, I have used a series of tools in Adobe Photoshop to enhance a flawless version of this model’s face. I have used the gaussian blur to help bring more emphasis to the model’s face and to remove the blur I have used a rub out effect so I could rub out certain things to make the face stand out. In this case, her eyes and lips, and earring . I’ve used the colour tool to highlight her hair into a different colour. In doing this I’ve used the blurry brush which wouldn’t define the model’s hair colour choice as much as a normal brush would.
3. On Friday 24 th September 2010, the whole class had to take images for our magazine cover. I’ve chosen the image of my friend, Jessica Murphy. In doing this, I’ve decided to have a photo of her where she is ‘studying’ with books around her. I’ve chosen this image to be my magazine cover for a school magazine.
4. The first thing I’ve done was change the lighting effect of the image. Afterwards, I used the filter effect to make a Gaussian blur for the image, then after I used a rubber effect to rub out her face which would then make her face stand out more in the image than anything else. I’ve also done the same process for the books as well and her top half. I have added the title of my magazine. I’ve decided to call my magazine ‘The Marylebone Times’. In doing this I’ve used the text tool and afterwards I have moved it to the center of the top image to bring a bold effect for my magazine.
5. In this image I’ve added in the first kicker which was ‘How to pass your exams!’ I’ve used the colours red and blue to help highlight the model’s chair and her folder as I know from reading magazines myself that matching colours would catch the readers eye I’ve highlighted the size of this number as I’ve noticed that readers are usually caught by big bold words and numbers therefore, as from previous experience with reading magazines, I know that this would be a good way to help catch the readers eye. I’ve added a date line to show the month of issue, this will help the magazine seem more professional.
6. I’ve added another kicker user the text tool and again, I’ve used the colour red to help highlight the colour of the model’s folder which would help catch the readers eye. In this image I’ve used a gaussian blur effect to help blur the whole image, which then I’ve used a rubber tool to help rub out small things such as the model’s pencil and her face so that it could stand out more than the other things in the background