Be the first to like this
Pennsylvania Archives Month, October 2013
This year's theme is Pennsylvania Civil War 150.
● Feature an exhibit of significantly themed images, documents, stories, etc.
● Create a finding aid/guide or organize a compilation of a valuable collection.
● Highlight an influential collection or individual in your newsletter.
● Recruit an intern or volunteer to make a relevant collection more accessible to researchers.
● Purchase long-term preservation and storage supplies.
● Hold a collection day, or circulate press releases requesting oral histories, memorabilia, and other items.
● Conduct an oral history interview or transcribe existing audio.
● Host a speaker to discuss a relevant topic.
● Volunteer your organization as a resource for students preparing National History Day projects.
● Host a PHMC Archives Without Tears training workshop.
For information about Archives Without Tears, the State Archives’ affordable two-day archival workshop, please contact Josh Stahlman at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.phmc.state.pa.us or telephone (717) 772-3257.