• Urbain Le Verrier, Johann Gottfrie Galle,
Heinrich, AND Louis d'Arrest discovered
NEPTUNE WHEN September 23, 1846
WHERE at the Berlin Observatory.
• The planet was named after the roman
god of the sea NEPTUNE.
• PLANET NEPTUNES SYMBOL
• They say that our galaxy and universe
• Was created by the big bang theory
• NEPTUNE IS THE EIGHTH PLANET
FROM THE SUN WHICH IS THE LAST
• NEPTUNE’S DISTANCE FROM THE SUN
IN KM AND AU IS 3.1 AU 4503000000
• ONE ROTAION AROUND THE EARTH
TAKES 165 EARTH YEARS
• IT TAKES NEPTUNE 16.1 hours TO
• A MASS OF 1024E24KG
62,525,703,987,421 km3 1.638 g/cm^3
11.15 m/s^2 154,704.6 km.
• NEPTUNE as you see in backround
Composition and Atmosphere
• The core of Neptune is composed of liquid
• The atmosphere of Neptune is similar to
all the large planets in the Solar System; it
mostly consists of hydrogen and helium,
with trace amounts of methane, water,
ammonia and other ices.
• Core of Neptune
• NEPTUNE HAS13 moons
• Naiad Thalassa Despina Galatea Larissa
s/2004 n 1 Proteus Triton Nereid
Halimede Sao Laomedeia Psamathe
Neso ARE THE NAMES OF NEPTUNE’S
• The most interesting moon is Triton, a
frozen world that is spewing nitrogen ice
and dust particles out from below its
• Neptune has five rings: Galle, Le Verrier,
Lassell, Arago, and Adams. Its rings were
named after the astronomers who made
an important discovery regarding the
planet. The rings are composed of at least
20% dust with some of the rings
containing as much as 70% dust; the rest
of the material comprising the rings is
• VOYAGER 2 explored Neptune.
Voyager 2 is a 722 kg space probe
launched by NASA on August 20, 1977
to study the outer Solar System and
eventually interstellar space.
TO SURVIVE ON NEPTUNE
• To survive on neptune you would need
food oxygen water and protection
• The protection that u would be a space
suit and a air dome for living.