Analyzing the capabilities and features of a video conferencing system
E20 was introduced in 2008. The system is intended as a
replacement for traditional office telephones. It is a desk
phone merging voice, video and collaboration into one device. It is the
new way for working.
It merges voice, video and collaboration into your desktop. With great
advanced features, you benefit from the one desk phone offering so
2. Environment: it is a desk video phone.
3. DVD Quality
The 10.6" wide format LCD has a WXGA and a DVD quality, w448p
video resolution. You'll get the best quality video reception in your
conference call or meeting.
4. High Resolution Screen:
( 10.6'' widescreen, DVD quality, w448p video resolution & WXGA
5. High Resolution Camera:
(5 Megapixel, Placing it for eye contact not "nose-cam" & Privacy
6. High Quality audio:
(20kHz Ultra Wideband, Duplex Speakerphone & Acoustic Echo
cancellation, microphone built in)
7. Intuitive User Interface:
(Comfortable Keypad & Context sensitive soft keys)
(network, USB Interface, Professional RJ11 connector for headsets &
9. Security: it has TLS authentication and SRTP media encryption.
10. buttons for functions such as Messages
11. Menus: simple list in layers, soft keys for short cuts and advance
1. It is easy to see your family
2. Expertise (you can do a conversations and interviews through it)
3. Eye to eye ( comfortable and easy to deal with it)
4. Highly scalable for simple installation and secure management
5. Just plug and call! Auto configuration through network services
6. The Multiway feature allows you to easily include additional users
to your video call with.
7. It make you feel close to your team members.
8. It is a nature communication for every desk.
9. Efficient and Effective because it reducing decision making time
through increased collaboration.
11.High Definition Video Conferencing.
12.Integrated into every work life.
13.Always on, always available.
As all IP telephones, you need IP-PBX that support E20 IP telephone
At release, E20 will register with: Avaya ( Must be used when registered
to a Avaya Communication Manager.), Nortel ( Must be used when
registering to a Nortel MCS 5100 or MCS 5200 PBX.), Siemens, Alcatel
(Must be used when registering to a Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise
R7 or later), Cisco & OCS (Must be used when registering to a Cisco Call
Manager version 5 or later.).
SIP supports features such as mobility and presence, and gives users
access to familiar tools such as call forward, transfer and hold. As video
continues to move towards the desktop, SIP enables organizations to
leverage these technologies and delivers an increased level of
personalization to video communications.
Appropriateness to DE institutes:
This device is suitable for use in educational institutions, depending on his
features , which we mentioned earlier .