1. Enjoying LibraryeBooks with theAmazon Kindle Photo credit: Flickr user goXunuReviews http://flic.kr/p/7cDUNq
2. Using a computer with an Internet connection, visit http://www.orionlibrary.org/ .Select OverDrive located below our navigation menu.
3. Log In using your Orion Library card.
4. Use the Search Box to find titles or authors - or –Select the Advanced Search and limit your results to Kindle Books using the Format dropdown menu.
5. If a Kindle copy is available, select available – add to bookbag. If no copies are available, select place a hold.
6. Continue Browsing – or – Proceed to Checkout* If you continue browsing, the title will remain in your bookbag for 30 minutes. If not checked out in 30 minutes, it will be made available to other users.
7. Select your lending period, then Confirm Check Out.
8. Select Get for Kindle.You’ll be routed to Amazon’s Public Library lending page.
9. Select Get Library Book. If you’re not logged in to your Amazon account, you’ll be asked to do so.
10. Many titles can be transferred to Kindle devices via Wi-Fi, but some publishers have elected to disable this feature.
11. If Wi-Fi transfer is unavailable, Download and Save the Title to Your Computer. Copy it to your Kindle’s Documents folder.
12. If your Kindle is connected to a Wi-Fi network and the title allows wireless download, select the desired Kindle Device, then Get library book. The title will sync to your device automatically.
13. Congratulations! Your library eBook is now ready foryou to enjoy.For more information on using library eBooks with yourAmazon Kindle, seehttp://www.amazon.com/help/kindle/publiclibraries/Questions? Problems? Let us know. Orion Library Adult Services Desk 248-693-3000 firstname.lastname@example.org