GE CAPITAL PUBLISHES ANNUAL REVIEW OF CANADIAN CHAIN RESTAURANT INDUSTRY …
GE CAPITAL PUBLISHES ANNUAL REVIEW OF CANADIAN CHAIN RESTAURANT INDUSTRY
The first annual Canadian Chain Restaurant Industry Review, an extensive research report commissioned by GE Capital and compiled by fsSTRATEGY and NPD Group Canada was released MAY 2012 at the Canadian Restaurant Investment Summit. For the first time, a comprehensive analysis and factual overview of the state of chain foodservice in Canada was compiled. These findings have implications for job growth, construction activity and other factors that will impact the economic health of Canada not only for 2012 but for several years to come. The report also sheds light on consumer spending habits and trends from province to province.
Some of the research findings:
• Canadian foodservice industry sales are expected to increase by 3.1% to CAD$65.4 billion in 2012.
• Visits to Canada’s commercial foodservice industry remained relatively flat last year, growing just 1% over the prior year.
• Alberta was the fastest-growing market at 7.8%.
• British Columbia was the only province that experienced foodservice revenue declines.
The report includes insights from the C-suite executives of leading Canadian chains on important issues such as:
• The greatest opportunities and threats in the foodservice industry,
• Restaurant industry merger and acquisition opportunities,
• Expected changes in sales as well as labour and food costs, among other operating and occupancy costs, and
• The outlook on restaurant industry capital expenditures.
For a copy of the 2013 Canadian Chain Restaurant Industry Review, please register for the 2013 Canadian Restaurant Investment Summit. Visit www.restaurantinvest.ca