1. Safe Harbor StatementThe following is intended to outline our generalproduct direction. It is intended for informationpurposes only, and may not be incorporated into anycontract. It is not a commitment to deliver anymaterial, code, or functionality, and should not berelied upon in making purchasing decisions.The development, release, and timing of any featuresor functionality described for Oracle’s productsremains at the sole discretion of Oracle.
2. Why Social Media?• Social Media is your customers• Social Media is your business• Social Media is growing
3. Why is Social Media Important?It’s where your customers are:• 75% of the global internet audience is engaged on social networks• 22% of all time online is spent using social media
4. Blogs and Forums• Not growing like Facebook or Twitter• Strong silos of specialist expertise• Highly influential• Good sources of community self service (forums)• Important specialist sites for enthusiasts
5. What does Social Media mean to Business?• 84% of Global 100 companies participate on Social Media• 81% of all companies don’t have a clear social media strategy• Companies know they need to be involved, but are unsure how
6. Business ProblemSocial media have changed customer expectations andinteractions with businesses: • Customers are increasingly trusting the information provided by other customers on social media and are relying less on vendor sponsored channels • Customers are participating in conversations about businesses with or without the vendor • A mishap with one customer on social media can turn into a public failure • Improper or lack of engagement by businesses can result in long lasting damage to their reputation
7. How Social Media is Used for Business Today• Brand Management • What are people saying about you and your competition? • Identify and understand trends• Marketing • Identify and understand the best prospects • Smaller customers who are very social may bring you the biggest profits• Service • Pro-actively assist with problems • Encourage customers to help each other
8. Upcoming Areas for Social Media• Ideas • Let your customers tell you what they really want • Join in conversations with them about new product ideas• Job Recruiting • Find the largest and most qualified group of candidates • Engage using their preferred channels• Sales • Identify quality sales leads
9. Social Media Strategy• Listen • Seek to understand what interests your customers • Uncover issues, identify leads• Engage • Join the conversation • Respond to customers via their selected channel for communication• Capture • Treat social media as another channel in CRM, not a silo • Extend CRM with information from social media posts, profiles and relationships• Learn • Make better decisions by acting on more complete information about your customers • Spot trends, detect sentiment, identify influence
10. What does it mean to CRM?CRM has always been about the Customer… Past Present Company Company Company and Customer Company and Customer + Customer and Customer... NOW: • Customers no longer need to go to vendors • More conversations lead to more data and noise
11. Social Media – New Supported Channel in CRMSales Rep Call Center Store Online Mobile Social • Deliver consistent Customer experience across channels • Gain complete view of the Customer • Enable intelligent and personalized interactions
12. Value of Combining Social Media with CRM• Re-use existing business processes• Combine social and transactional data to get complete view of customer• Enterprise framework
13. What’s Oracle Doing with Social Media?• Partner integrations for Oracle CRM • Rapid solution to immediate needs• Oracle Social Media Manager • Richer solution to longer term requirements
14. Listening Platform Partners Integrations• Benefits • Provide new channel for Social Media through integration with third party listening platform partners • Enable Social Media posts to be brought into CRM • Allow CRM users to engage customers using Social Media • Track social media interactions in CRM • Extend the Customer profile in CRM to include Social Media information
16. Listening Platform Integrations• Oracle Siebel CRM Social Media Integration: • Provides web services Listening Platform partners can call to create CRM objects, such as Service Requests, Leads, Contacts and Activities. • Leverages Siebel Workflow to allow for on-site customization. • Embeds Listening Platform UI within Siebel to monitor posts and engage customers.
18. Oracle Social Media Manager Roadmap Oracles development plans are subject to change at any timeAccess, interpret, and act on social media data within CRM • Brings social media posts and people into CRM • Makes social media information actionable within CRM • Enables CRM users to interact with social media • Applies semantic analysis to understand content • Provides customer insight through social web analysis • Identifies who to listen to and interact with based on their influence • Uses sentiment analysis to understand brand perception • Recognise trends around your brands or product
19. Social Media Manager Additional Roadmap Uses Oracles development plans are subject to change at any time• Trend Inflection • Identify changes in underlying trends• Knowledge Management • Crowd-sourced solutions• Influencer Marketing • Marketing targeted to key influencers• Hot Spots • Find out where your audience are• Leads and References • Select potential referees with high influence
20. Social is Redefining Customer Lifetime ValueInfluence is a Critical Component Purchased €10,000 Purchased €1,000 Influenced €0,000 Influenced €100,000 Overall €10,000 Overall €101,000 Can you determine the value of Influence?