THE BULL MARKET ISN’T OVER.
We believe three types of companies
are likely to thrive.
Companies that can increase sales without
spending a lot on hiring or capital equipment.
About 10 Major Media Companies Control
95% OF PAID
1. Source: OppenheimerFunds Research.
Online sales as a % of total retail sales2
2. Source: Citi Research, Euromonitor, April 2013. Estimates may not be achieved.
Companies that sell efficiency or
productivity to other firms.
BIG DATA MANAGEMENT
Annual global Internet traffic may surpass a
of data by 2016. That’s 250 billion DVDs
worth of data, or
of HD video3
3. Source: http://blogs.cisco.com/news/the-dawn-of-the-zettabyte-era-infographic/. Projection may not be achieved.
JUSTIFIED MIDDLE MEN
“Justified middlemen” are intermediaries who can lower
total transaction costs by sourcing and distributing high
volumes of products to a widely dispersed customer base.
Companies whose inventions take costs
out of a process, or that have built a
From 2013 to 2016,
the operating stock of
industrial robots alone
may grow more than
4. Source: International Federation of Robotics, World Robotics 2013: Industrial Robotics. Projection may not be achieved.
The U.S. and Canada may
need to build more than
of gas pipeline.
circle the world
5. Source: INGAA Foundation, “Natural Gas Pipeline and Storage Infrastructure Projections Through 2030,” October 2009. Projection may not be achieved.