SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Open source software has become an undeniable force in business. Open source plays an increasingly critical role in the infrastructure of both start-ups and established companies, and open source ...
Open source software has become an undeniable force in business. Open source plays an increasingly critical role in the infrastructure of both start-ups and established companies, and open source development models generate commercial grade software – often at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives. In addition, open source licensing has spawned entirely new business models in which the principles of open source play a central role.
Alongside these advances, the open source legal landscape has also continued to mature, providing improved clarity around many of the true risks of open source usage. Yet, despite these advances, misunderstandings and confusion regarding the business and legal impacts of open source continue to abound. In this "crash course" webinar, attorney Jason Haislmaier, Partner with Holme Roberts & Owen LLP, clarifies critical business and legal aspects of open source for companies that use and distribute open source software, including:
* The anatomy of open source software licensing
* Questions to ask when developing an open source policy
* Best practices for open source procurement, use, and governance
* Using scanning tools to audit open source usage
* Best practices in open source license compliance
* Preparing for open source issues in financings, M&A, and other transactions
* Top (free) open source legal and business resources