1. OpenEnergyMonitor.orgOpen-source energy monitoring@openenergymon, Glyn Hudson, SAW Bangor, Lighting Talks Jan 2013
2. 2012 Trystan 2012 UK Average 2030Sustainable Energy Target*Tools to help us work towardssustainable energy in a way thatadds up. Energy Stacks based on David Trystans Stack 2012 MacKays book: withouthotair.com Only 17% Sustainable Energy *CAT zerocarbonbritain.com/
3. An open source technologyIs a technology where the source code, CADdrawings, technical documentation is openlyavailable.
4. Building technical Freedom to do capacity All these things Innovation Free-willed Intrinsic motivationCollaboration By making it easyParticipation to build upon theContribution Open source work of others we can solve problems Technology faster. Learning through movement how-to-guides, freely There is a real enjoyment available source code in making and sharing. and hardware designs empowerment inspiration
6. The OpenEnergyMonitor System
10. Visual Dashboard EditorDrop & drop, customisable graphs, re-sizeable widgets, buttons and live feeds
12. Home Electricity MonitoringMy house: Electricity Reduction of ~47% over 4 yearskWh More than 2kW Kettle & immersion heater less than 2kW Lights and computers less than 500W Fridge freezer & standby
13. Solar PV monitoring
14. Heat Pump MonitoringJohn Cantor, heat pump consultant●Remotely monitor heat pumpperformanceIdentify problems●●Optimise control by providingfeedback http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/applications/heatpump www.heatpumps.co.uk
15. Bee Hive MonitoringClive Hudson, Meirionnydd Bee Keepers RF Link Solar Winter 2010 PV Ambient Temp probe Battery Core temperature probe http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/beehive/v2
16. A normal bee temperature week
17. Bee hive swarmHalf of the bees leave the hive●Bad news for the bee keeper●Possible to detect on the monitor● SwarmCore temperature rises above 34degrees for first time all year●Alert bee keeper via SMS to takeaction
18. Open technologycommonsopenenergymonitor.orgTutorials, How-tos●Source code on github●●Hardware schematics an board filessolderpad.●All under open source licence(GPL)●Forums – dev discussion,questions, bugs..
19. Open-source sustainable technologiesTechnology that empowers us to participate in creating a futurewhere we live within ecological limits.
20. OpenEnergyMonitor.orgOpen-source energy monitoring@openenergymon, Glyn Hudson, SAW Bangor, Lighting Talks Jan 2013