View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
REDEFINING CUSTOMER ANALYTICS
IN A DIGITAL WORLD
M AY 2 0 1 4
THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY….BUT EVERYONE ACCEPTS “THE GOLDEN RULE”
& BI STEP
WHAT IS THE FUNDAMENTAL ISSUE THAT HAS TO BE ADDRESSED?
• Data itself needs to be managed
differently at the start of the
• Applications today save/explode
the data associated with a
“customer event” all over the data
• What is required is a single record
for each “customer event” that
contains all the relevant data
associated with that interaction.
IMAGINE IF THIS APPROACH WAS APPLIED TO A GLOBAL RETAIL BANK
• What would this mean
to the business?
• How would this impact
• What would be the
impact to the overall
cost of delivery?
Real-time view of customer interactions across all digital touch-points
CAPTURING THE DATA WITHOUT MODIFYING ANY APPLICATIONS
• The end-user initiates a transaction.
• Each transaction is uniquely tagged with
• The “bar-code” is monitored and used to
capture data across each tier of
• 100% of customer event transactions
are created and housed in a big data
• Transactions are stored in their “raw”
FURTHER WORK IS REQUIRED
Example (for discussion purposes) - Record 1
Business Unit Retail Investments
Channel Type Web
Customer Number 135-79-2468
Customer Name John Smith
Customer Type Diamond
Date/ Time 3/1/2015 9:00
Transaction Type Fund Transfer
Account From Investment Account
Transfer To Fidelity
How Many Times Has This Occurred in Last 90
What other services does the customer use? Mortgage, Credit Cards, Retail Banking
Current Weather Heavy Snowstorms
R E A L - T I M E
Initial Data Capture
THIS CAN BE DONE.
CASE STUDY: LARGE NORTH AMERICAN UTILITY
Install software & design analytics
Capture & store 100% of transactions in real-time
Work with tool to “cleanse” transactions
Finalize analytics design and rules
WEEK 6 Produce real-time, interactive dashboards
• Real-time view of customer activity
across all digital touch-points
• Real-time dashboards illustrate
customer behavior’s impact to
• Individual customer activity records
relayed to call centers with past 24
hours of cross-channel activity
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Founded 2003 Lead end-to-end performance
management software industry
Patented ACT technology
DNA for Analytics
• 8 of 15 of the world’s largest banks.
• 4 of 6 of the world’s largest telecommunication companies.
• 2 of 5 of the world’s largest credit card companies.
• 2 of 10 of the largest U.S. insurance companies.
THE OPTIER 8-WEEK ANALYTICS CHALLENGE
In just 8 weeks, OpTier can provide you with a detailed record of every customer
interaction across 2 business units analyzed to address a specific business problem.
Email email@example.com to determine if your company qualifies.