But it’s not an art
International House Buenos Aires
• ••What makes a good poster?
• •• What should we do with them?
• •• Some online resources
But it’s not an art class!
• ◊What makes a good poster?
• ◊ What are our students’ expectations/reactions/feelings to them?
Do they feel it’s a valuable use of their time?
• ◊ How much English are they actually producing (both orally and on
• ◊ What input is given before they start the poster?
• ◊ Is the work corrected? Should they do a draft before they put felt
tip to coloured card?
• ◊ What size should they be?
• ◊ How long should they stay up?
• ◊ How will you use them again in class for recycling?
• ◊ Should the teacher allocate students different roles if working in
• ◊ Could the poster be set as a creative homework task?
• ◊ Have follow-up in mind
• ◊ Error correction
• ◊ Recorded feedback
• ◊ Create a sense of audience
• ◊ Recycle
Some ideas for exploitation