1. Mobile Internet in Russia<br />Alistair Hill – Co-Founder<br />
2. On Device Research Services<br />On Device Answers<br />On Device Effectiveness<br />On Device <br />Panels<br />Global consumer research panels. Quick and affordable insight from any country.<br />Device agnostic survey product. Works on mobile, PC, iPad.<br />Advertising effectiveness for mobile and outdoor media.<br />
3. Research Methodology<br />Data analysed to retrieve insights<br />Mobile Internet survey created through On Device Answers<br />Respondents recruited through On Device Panels<br /><ul><li>Online interface allows clients to create and edit surveys.
4. 5 question types available.
5. Automatically identifies device, carrier and GPS location (where possible).
6. Consumers fulfil survey on the mobile internet.
7. The sample is representative of mobile internet browsers and weighted by OEM share and demographics.
8. Survey results are processed and analysed.
9. Analysts deliver insight into consumer behaviour and attitudes.</li></li></ul><li>27% of Russians Use The Mobile Internet<br />Mobile internet penetration is almost level with the desktop internet in Russia.<br />Of these mobile Internet users almost 20% either never, or infrequently use the desktop internet.<br />Country: Russia<br />Sources: Mobile Squared, comScore, BCG BRICI Report, On Device Research<br />Date: 2009-September 2010<br />
10. Mobile Internet Browsers Younger than Desktop<br />Mobile Internet users aged 15-24 are 26% more likely NOT to use the desktop internet.<br />Young Russians are embracing the mobile internet and it is the primary digital channel for many. <br />Source: On Device Research + comScore<br />Country: Russia<br />Date: September + August 2010<br />
11. 86% of Mobile Internet Users Access At Home<br />The vast majority of mobile internet users are accessing at home.<br />The mobile internet is not just used when away from the desktop but more convenient and often the primary access method.<br />Country: Russia<br />Date: September 2010<br />N= 1009<br />
12. Search the Entry Point to the Mobile Internet<br />Communication services such as e-mail (68%) and social networking popular (59%) popular.<br />Maps used by almost half of mobile internet users. <br />Country: Russia<br />Date: September 2010<br />N= 1009<br />
13. The top mobile sites in Russia mirror desktop internet, with the exception of 4pda.ru.<br />Most sites Russia specific, e.g. lack of Facebook<br />Country: Russia<br />Date: September 2010<br />N= 1009<br />
14. Nokia Leading OEM Market for Mobile Internet Users<br />Most popular mobile internet device – LG GT540.<br />HTC doing extremely well, Apple shows very limited penetration.<br />Opera Mini used by 19% of all mobile internet users.<br />Country: Russia<br />Date: September 2010<br />N= 1009<br />
15. Significant Opportunity for Mobile Commerce<br />Over 40% of mobile internet users stated that they don’t have a bank account.<br />81% of mobile internet users are willing purchase via mobile.<br />Country: Russia<br />Date: September 2010<br />N= 1009<br />