Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
The Progression from Preliminary Task to Final Product One difference in our preliminary task is that we reduced the amount of people in our group from four to two which meant we could communicate and interact very closely to with each other to achieve the best ideas. We also only used one actor as it we felt in the short time scale we could achieve a stronger narrative with only one character to focus on.
The titles used in our preliminary task do not relate to the footage at all, it is clear that they are decorative and looking back, they look very unprofessional. In our final product the titles look simple yet effective and relate to the mature audience we aimed our film at.
Our Preliminary Task had no effects to enhance the quality of the footage and film. However, in our final product we learnt to use effects to darken the lighting and add more shadows. This helped to make our film look more effective and also used the thriller convention of using shadows to create a thrilling atmosphere.
Since creating our preliminary task, we have learnt to use more shot variations from different angles and levels. This helped to make our final product more interesting and look more professional
We think that since creating our preliminary task our use of match on action had improved greatly. In our final product we made sure that the transitions were smooth and realistic between each shot. It is evident in our preliminary task that we have not used match on action properly as the cut jumps significantly, this highlighted the need to prepare each shot fully in the future.
We have learnt ... That equipment must be organised properly. In our preliminary task we did not organise to use a tripod and this resulted in a shaky camera effect. When filming our final product we planned the use of equipment very carefully. How to use computer editing software. The progression in quality of editing from the preliminary task to the final product is massive. The editing is jumpy and jolted in the preliminary task whereas in the final product it is smooth and professional looking. Most of all we have made huge progression in our attitude. We have learnt that a positive and concentrated mental attitude will produce a much higher quality product.