It is a stereotype
A stereotype is a preconceived idea that attributes
certain characteristics (in general) to all the
members of class or set.
A stereotype can be a conventional and
oversimplified conception or image based on the
belief that there are attitudes, appearances, or
behaviors shared by all members of a group.
Stereotypes are forms of social consensus rather
than individual judgments
how to overcome
in this situation?
the russian smile as the russian sign
the russian smile is not the sign of politeness
● it is unusual to smile to unknown people
● no smiles during the lessons and work
● a smile is the sign of personal good feeling to the
make a resume of this lesson
what does it mean “to oversimplify”?
●why oversimplifying is a problem?
● what are the advantages of
● what are the disadvantages of