• It was started the year 1940, and innagurated
on the 1958.
• Most of the workers were political prisoners.
• That was a dangerous place and during the
construction, 14 people died.
• General Franco and thousands of people who
fight on the Civil war are buried there.
The monument I
• The church: Inside of the mountain there is a
church, wich is property of a benedictine
The monument II
• The monument: It is based on a big cross and
a big esplanade.
• Some people asked to dig up the people who
were buried so they will be able to bury their
family members somewhere else.
• It is not clear how many political prisoners
worked there, because during the dictatorship
it was hidden.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.