1. On this occasion, I will explain you aboutthe Environmental Issues which consist ofseveral explanations include: Understanding ofEnvironmental Issues, List of EnvironmentalIssues, and How to Resolve these EnvironmentalIssues. Previously I also thank to Allah SWT, Ms.YaniSihombing, and all those who have helped mein the arrangement this CIT Project. I hope thismatter that I make, can be useful to us of all.
2. PERCENTAGE OF THE MOST PRESSING ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES 2009-2011 NO. LIST OF ENVIRONMENTAL issue 2009 2010 2011 STATUS1 GLOBAL WARMING 6000% 5600% 5300% passed2 OZON DEPLETION 9500% 9200% 9000% passed3 POLLUTION 4500% 3800% 3500% passed4 NUCLEAR PROBLEM 2500% 1630% 1400% passed5 LOSS OF BIODIVERSITY 8200% 7300% 7100% passed6 LITTERING 5200% 4400% 3900% passed7 CLIMATE CHANGE 8900% 8200% 8100% passed8 ILLEGAL LOGGING 4200% 3800% 3300% passed Total 49000% 43930% 41600% MAX 9500% 9200% 9000% MIN 2500% 1630% 1400% AVERAGE 10889% 9762% 9244% HLOOKUP ILLEGAL LOGGING VLOOKUP 92
3. CHART TITLE1 GLOBAL WARMING 2 OZON DEPLETION3 POLLUTION 4 NUCLEAR PROBLEM5 LOSS OF BIODIVERSITY 6 LITTERING7 CLIMATE CHANGE 8 ILLEGAL LOGGING 9% 12% 18% 19% 11% 9% 5% 17%
4. D. HOW TO A. NUCLEA SOLVE THE GLOBAL R WARMIN ENVIRON PROBLE G M G. MENTAL CLIMATE ISSUE CHANGE a. 3 R REDUCE E. LOSS OFB. OZON BIODIVERSI REUSEDEPLETIO TY RECYCLE N H. ILLEGAL LOGGI B. Easy Way C. F. NG to Save thePOLLUTI LITTERING ON Environment
5. The definition of an environmental issue are : Was rather broad, including both problems, factors, consequences and causes. These environmental issues were categorized and grouped together, and linkages between issues established through flow-charts. Known process (such as resource consumption) that has negative effects on the sustainability of the environmental quality necessary for the well being of the organisms living in it.
6. Global warming is one of the major issues that we are being faced with today. The term signifies an increase in the atmospheric temperature near the earths surface, which is caused due to various reasons. Scientists are of the opinion that a rise in the carbon dioxide levels will further aggravate the situation.The greenhouse effect causes the earths heat to be trapped in the atmosphere, which results in the increase in temperatures. Global warming has thus caused a change in the climate of the earth, causing temperatures to rise. This in turn has an effect on various species dependent on the basic laws of nature. A change in the same makes survival a difficult issue. A warmer earth also causes changes in the rainfall patterns and thus affects humans, plants and animals as well.
7. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) are considered to be the main cause of ozone depletion. The term ozone depletion implies a decline in the quantity of ozone in the Earths stratosphere. The loss of ozone in the lower stratosphere was first recorded in Antarctica in the 1970s. As we all know, the earths atmosphere is composed of many layers; ozone forms one such layer in the stratosphere. CFCs are used in aerosol sprays as well as air conditioners. These, when released into the atmosphere add to the ozone depletion. The ozone hole in the Antarctic is caused primarily due to these CFCs. Due to ozone depletion, humans are faced with various other problems such as dealing with the harmful effects of UV rays. These not only affect humans, but in turn affect plants and various other species of animals as well.
8. Pollution is something that we face on an everyday basis. It is probably a problem that we may have become immune to, given our fast-paced lives and the fact that it is being treated as a hackneyed issue, where a lot is spoken about but nothing concrete is ever done. Air pollution and noise pollution are increasing at an alarming rate today. Air pollution occurs with the addition of harmful chemicals into the earths atmosphere. The main pollutants that cause the same are carbon monoxide, CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons), nitrogen oxides and sulfur dioxide.
9. Noise pollution occurs when the noise levels(honking, loud speakers) crosses the normal decibellevels of sound. This can have a harmful effect onones hearing and lead to more severe, forms ofafter-effects, both physical and psychological(fatigue, irritation, stress).Water pollution is the contamination of water bodies(e.g. lakes, rivers, oceans, aquifers andgroundwater). Water pollution occurs whenpollutants are discharged directly or indirectly intowater bodies without adequate treatment toremove harmful compounds. Water pollution affectsplants and organisms living in these bodies of water.
10. Nuclear energy is generated from the splitting of uranium atoms. This energy is used to create steam, which in turn is used to produce electricity. While there are definite advantages of generating nuclear power, what stands equally true is the fact that the process of producing the same harms the environment in many ways.Along with that, the storage of nuclear power at a plant, as well as the fact that most other equipment in the plant will also convert into radioactive material over time and remain radioactive for several years is a major threat. While decaying, radioactive material releases certain particles which lead to damaging effects on health like cancer. Along with these health concerns, production of nuclear energy also leads to several other harmful effects like
11. Biodiversity refers to the combination of a diverse range of species on earth. The varied plants, animals and microorganisms, the different ecosystems (coral reefs, deserts, rain forests) etc all have a unique role to play in the cycle of earth. These diverse species lead to the boost of varied ecosystems, which thus enables them to prevent, as well as recover from several disasters. However, due to varied human activities like deforestation, and hunting, the natural habitats as well as the survival of several species is being threatened. Several plant and animal species have been led to the brink of extinction while others have already become extinct. The extinction of animals and plants can lead to varied effects, some of which are - increase in sea levels (leading to floods), droughts, wildfires, forest destruction and more.
12. If everyone in the world threw garbage and litter indiscriminately wherever they went, the world as we knew it would soon be in ruins.Litter in our surroundings is an important environmental issue, which many people overlook. While a majority of people do know that littering is a bad thing, many continue to carelessly scatter their trash around nonetheless.Littering can be hazardous to ones own health as well. Why do people litter? Quite frankly, the main reason is simple laziness.
13. If you have garbage to dispose of, and theres isnt a garbage can nearby, then wrap your trash up (in a napkin, plastic, paper bag, etc) and place it in your pocket or carry it with you until you reach a garbage can. Also, make sure that the trash actually goes into the garbage can, and does not fall to the side. Its all a simple matter of proper waste disposal, which is vital for our environments and for our ecosystems.The truth is, we all know about the problem. Now its time to act on it, if you havent been. But if you already do have proper and responsible waste disposal habits, remember that you can make a difference by encouraging others to follow your example
14. 10 Harmful Effects of Litter1) Litter cost money. Removing litter cost everyone who pays taxes.2) Threat to Public Health. Attracts rats and other rodents and is a breeding ground for bacteria.3) Litter can be a fire hazard.4) Looks bad, and can effect the value of your home and business.5) Can affect local economy, especially in tourist locations.6) Harm or kill wildlife.7) Harms Waterways. Even animal leavings, leaves and grass affect wildlife.8) It demoralizing and disgusting.
15. Climate change is a significant and lasting change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over periods ranging from decades to millions of years. It may be a change in average weather conditions or the distribution of events around that average (e.g., more or fewer extreme weather events). Climate change may be limited to a specific region or may occur across the whole Earth. “Science has made enormous inroads in understanding climate change and its causes, and is beginning to help develop a strong understanding of current and potential impacts that will affect people today and in coming decades. This understanding is crucial because it allows decision makers to place climate change in the context of other large challenges facing the nation and the world.
16. Illegal logging contributes to deforestation and by extension global warming, causes loss of biodiversity and undermines the rule of law. These illegal activities undermine responsible forest management, encourage corruption and tax evasion and reduce the income of the producer countries, further limiting the resources producer countries can invest in sustainable development. Illegal logging has serious economic and social implications for the poor and disadvantaged. Illegal logging is the harvest, transportation, purchase or sale of timber in violation of laws. The harvesting procedure itself may be illegal, including using corrupt means to gain access to forests; extraction without permission or from a protected area; the cutting of protected species; or the extraction of timber in excess of agreed limits (see Box 1).
17. “ Earth allows you to stand. “ “ Let it stand the way it is. “ “ Give a toot. Dont pollute! “ Nurture Nature For Our Future! When the Earth dies, where will you live? Youve only got one planet. Dont trash it.Snow is melting the Earth is crying!Nature saves us so we have to save them!Pollution, pollution green is the solution
18. A. 3Rs are the solutions viz., REDUCE, RECYCLE & REUSE REDUCE - Consumption of natural resources to the extent possible Emission of carbon into atmosphere Developmental projects affecting environment Human activities acclerating global warming and climate changes Deforestation for developmental activities Consumption of non biodegradable materials in every day life Human activities causing pollution of water bodies, air, forests, soil Consumption of energy to reduce pollution and exploitation of nature
19. RECYCLE - All wasted/spent natural resources to reduce their consumption All used materials with the available technologies All used materials manufactured with trees/plants to reduce deforestation REUSE - All spent natural resources to reduce more fresh consumption All materials manufactured with trees/plants for their conservation All recycled materials to reduce the demand ALSO: Education. It is not this simple to solve our current-day environmental problems. There has to be a paradigm shift in our way of thought and the way we perceive our environment. Still, these
20. B. Easy Ways to Save the EnvironmentPlant more trees. This is easy, you know? Choose an openarea/ground near your residence or workplace. Unlesstheres any law restricting you from growing trees in thatarea, go ahead, grow trees. Plant a tree everymonth, encourage your friends and colleagues to joinyou. Have more and more trees planted and there willcome a day when you have a green stretch of landthanks to your effort.Use CFC-free products. CFCs are released from aerosolsprays, air conditioning systems and refrigerators. Somecosmetic products too, contain CFCs. Some countrieshave already banned the use of CFC products. CFCscontribute to ozone depletion and greenhouse effect.Using CFC-free products is the simplest way to preventthe harm they cause to the environment.
21. Use renewable sources of energy as much as possible. Resort to the use of renewable sources like solar, wind and hydro power. Start from your own house.Go green when gardening or farming. Activities like composting can be of great help in recycling garbage into useful manures. Avoid excessive use of chemical fertilizers and synthetic nutrients. Natural manures are a better option for farms and gardens. Go for vermicomposting. Vermicompost makes a very good organic fertilizer. Instead of dumping rotten vegetables, leftover food, eggshells, teabags, vegetable stalks and fruit rinds in the garbage bin, use them to make organic manure for your garden. Replace lawns with bushes and trees. If you live in an area where theres scarcity of water, use drought-tolerant plants in the garden. This will help you save water. Using non-native plants disrupts the ecological balance.
22. Save energy. There are so many electrical gadgets you must be using daily - the air conditioner, heater, refrigerator and oven among many more. Then, there are lights and fans. Turn off the AC when not in use. Refrigerators and water heaters consume a lot of power. So use them scrupulously. Switch off the lights and fans in your room before leaving it. Make sure the electrical appliances are not left on (unless necessary), when leaving the house. Make it a point to switch off the television set or music system after use.Save water. Water is a very important natural resource. Its we who waste it, pollute it. The simplest ways to save water - turn off water taps after use. Use of flushes and showers can lead to wastage of water. Use only as much water as necessary. When you visit a beach, see that you dont spill food or dump waste around. Do not pollute rivers by dumping garbage, sewage or other waste
23. Walk more, drive less. Now thats not very difficult, is it? Choose to walk short distances instead of taking your car every time. Go walking to the gym, to work (if its not very far), go walking to run errands. Or use a bicycle. Both cycling and walking are good exercises. And each time you avoid using your car, you are contributing to reducing air pollution. You are saving fuel, saving money and getting a good workout too.Maintain your vehicles in good condition. It may not be possible to go cycling or walking everywhere. To some distances, theres no other option but your car. But how about at least maintaining it in good condition? Give your car a regular servicing. Clean the exhaust pipes. Check for pollutants emitted. Check air pressure in tires as under-inflated tires lead to greater fuel consumption. Maintain the air filter and fuel injection pump in good condition. Check engine oil levels regularly.