Purpose of this document Created date: 4 August 2012 Last updated: 8 August 2012 Create by Traitet Th.
PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT• To present the final prototype of e-menu• To present main features of e-menu application on iPad before demonstration & interviews 2
1) MENU CATEGORIES 1) Customers easily find food choices by selecting from Menu Categories Starters Drinks Sweet Main Course 2) Four Main Menu Categories • Starters (Appetisers) • Main Courses • Drinks • Sweets 3
2) ORDERING MENU ITEMS 4) Multi-language 1 4 1) Appetising Images Support for Menu 2 2) Show Recommended or Top selling Items 3 3) Advise spice content of dish 6) Customers can check the status of their order5) Customers can call for service 4 5 6
3) MENU DETAILS 3 3) Choice of languages 1 1) Very clear & appetising Images2) Able to order morethan one of an item at the same time 2 4) Easy to revise 4 menu, prices, images and descriptions 5
4) CONFIRM ORDER1) Display category of ordered items 1 3) Order can be 3 amended before confirming 2) Cumulative total is 2 displayed 6
ONLINE SERVICE REQUEST 1) Enhanced communication Channel Quick & EasyOnline Service Request 1• Waiter• Main course• Billing 7
5) CHECKING ORDERED STATUS Enhanced Dining Experience 1) Customers can check their order *status. 1 • Ordering: Order but not confirmed • Queuing Waiting for preparation • Cooking Item being cooked • Waiting Main Waiting main course request • Serving Waiting staff are serving • Served Ordered item has already been served 2) Check Total Price 2 8* Ordered Status can be recorded with regards to restaurant operation.
BENEFITS1. Enhances dining experience2. Increases restaurant revenue3. Reduces waiting time e.g. making order and payment4. Increases turnover rate in peak times5. Improves customer services6. Customers receive their orders faster7. Encourages and enables diners to order extra food or drinks at any time during their meal. 9
BENEFITS (CONT.)8. Avoids having a language barrier and encourages other language speakers to visit the restaurant.9. Real-time Order to Kitchen and Bar10. Enhances communication to improve services11. Easy to check best selling items12. Easy to modify menu on Web Application Register new menu Register new promotions e.g. discounts Change prices Change descriptions Change images 10