2. Astana - the capital of the Republic of Kazakhstan (since December 10, 1997). The city's population of about 700 thousand people. The city is second in the country by population after the Alma-Ata. Located in northern Kazakhstan on the river Ishim in place of its closest approach to the river Nuroy. Astana - the coldest capital of the world, after Ulan Bator, the capital of Mongolia. And probably the most windy ... Astana is in a very flat, semi-desert steppe region which covers most of the country's territory. The elevation of Astana is at 347 metres (1,138 ft) above sea level. Astana is in a spacious steppe landscape, in the transient area between the north of Kazakhstan and the extremely thinly settled national center, because of the river Ishim. The older boroughs lie north of the river, whilst the new boroughs are located south of the Ishim.
3. Astana - the capital of Kazakhstan. In 1997, Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev proposed to move the capital from Almaty to Astana (Tselinograd). This decision was motivated by an important geopolitical location of the city - the center of Kazakhstan and the Eurasian continent - the existence of the necessary transport and communication infrastructure. In 1998, the country's leadership decided to rename the new capital - it was given the name "Astana", which in Kazakh language means "capital".
8. Mosque Nur Astana - The mosque was designed by Lebanese architect Charles Hazifa. Height of main dome - 43 meters.
10. Premium Hotel Diplomat
11. River Ishim (belongs to the basin of Ob River)
12. Palace of Peace and Accord, the monument "Kazakh Eli" and the Palace of Independence
13. The main road bridge of the city, connecting the left and right banks of the River Ishim.
18. Height of 142 meters. Built in 2006 in the style of Stalin's skyscrapers.
19. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan
20. Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Kazakhstan
21. Business Center Astanalyk "
22. Sarayshyk street. Bridge M-1
23. And 38-storey residential building, one of the residential complex "Grand Alatau« View from the "Triumph of Astana '
26. (right) Temir Joly "(Office of the railway of Kazakhstan) - On the roof stylobate is one of the fire and evacuation elevators complex (reds box). This is the first in the world of exterior fire-recovery system in which elevators are moved by rail facade.
27. Concert Hall "Kazakhstan« - Concert Hall at 3000 seats, designed by Italian architect Nicoletti.
28. Monument to Russian sculptor Dashi Namdakov "Jer-ana" (Earth Mother), who represents Queen Tomiris Saka, standing on a giant bull.
33. Mosque Nur Astana - The mosque was designed by Lebanese architect Charles Hazifa. Height of main dome - 43 meters.
35. (right) "Tower Automotive" (Lighter) - The building houses the Ministry of Transport and Communications and the Ministry of Industry and Trade. - In 2006 the building was a fire, which burnt down all the upper floors.
38. Baiterek - a monument in the center of Astana. - Built on the sketches of the British architect Norman Foster. At the top level "ball", within which is a bar and a panoramic room.
43. National Archives of the Republic of Kazakhstan
48. Ak Orda - residence of President of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The height of the building along with the spire is 80 meters Façade is made of Italian marble with thickness of 20 to 40 cm
49. TRC "Khan Shatir" - The building is a gigantic tent 150 m high (spire), constructed from a network of steel shrouds, which enshrined a transparent polymer coating.
51. BC "Eurocentres", "Beijing Palace Soluxe Hotel Astana (Beijing Palace)" and BC "Ansar"
54. Indoor skating rink
57. Old Parliament House in the old center. Built in 1998
58. Presidential Park
59. River Ishim
61. (right) Hotel Beijing Palace
64. Concert Hall "Kazakhstan« Concert Hall at 3000 seats, designed by Italian architect Nicoletti.