1. Design Deliverables & A Dose of Inspiration(AKA a guide to never ever using Papyrus ever) Melissa Crain Owner/Designer/Developer @New Skin Media firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What makes good web design?• “Good Design” is a subjective term• Good practices include – Precedence (Guiding the eye): position, color, contrast, size, design elements – Spacing: text, padding, white space – Navigation – Typography: font style, sizes, spacing, line length, color – Alignment – Consistency
3. Good or Bad Design?
4. Good or Bad Design?
5. Good or Bad Design?
6. Intuitive Content Strategy• PLAN: Make detailed Site Map / “wire frame” before you ever open Photoshop• Make sure you and your client are on the same page as far as expectations• Keep end user’s interests in mind (goal oriented, clear call to action)• Easy, intuitive, streamline, seamless
7. Know Your CSS:Abilities & Limitations
8. Know Your CSS:Abilities & Limitations
9. Know Your CSS:Abilities & Limitations http://www.css3.info
10. Making a Site Personal• Take the time to get to know your client• Incorporate personal things into the design where you can• Handwritten Signatures, Brick & Mortar Colors, Design Details