2.  See it Learn to identify what workplace bullying is . Analyze it Know the impacts of workplace bullying Stop it Tips for effective prevention & resolution
3.  Introduction of workplace bullying Impacts of workplace bullying Prevention and resolution strategies for workplace bullying Class activities Conclusion Questions & references
5. Bullying at work means harassing, offending, sociallyexcluding someone or negatively affecting someone’s worktasks. In order for the label bullying to be applied to aparticular activity, interaction or process, it has to occurrepeatedly and regularly(e.g. weekly) and over a period of atleast six months……A conflict cannot be called bullying if theincident is an isolated event or if two parties of approximatelyequal “strength” are in conflict. — Einarsen et al,2003
6. 2010 U.S. Workplace Bullying Survey Witnessed Only  15% Been NoBullied 26% 50% Experience 9% WBI U.S. Natl Current 2010
7.  Can you find some details to show the bullying behavior of the boss? Are there any differences of the two bosses’ behaviors in these two videos? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQcXKZ93cU w&list=FLYLXy53zfe1UT8- gZOvf2nQ&index=6&feature=plpp_video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZGN1Pu NCk&feature=feedf
9.  Offensive or abusive language Unjustified criticism Unfair pressure Inappropriate comments Sarcasm Isolating the target Blocking carrier advancement
10.  Sabotaging by withholding of information Excluding the target from a social event Constantly changing targets or guidelines Overloading an employee with work Setting impossible timelines
11. It’s True -- Most Bullies Are Bosses Bottom Up 10%  CWs 18% Bosses 72% WBI U.S. Natl 2007
12.  Being good at job, often excellent Showing independence of thought or deed More technically skilled More social skills and possess greater emotional intelligence Ethical and honest Non-confrontive
13. Impact on the target Impact on witnessesImpact on organization
14.  Divide the class into 3 groups. Each group chooses one from the three parties . Have a discussion about the impact caused by workplace bullying and write down the opinions.
15.  Stress, anxiety or sleep disturbance. Panic attack or impaired ability to make decisions Incapacity to work, concentration problems, loss of confidence and self-esteem or reduced output and performance. Depression or a sense of isolation. Physical injury Reduced quality of home and family life Suicide
16.  An increase in stress levels An increase in absenteeism Loyalty of staff Work efficiency Lower work morale Increase workplace conflict Higher intention to leave
17.  Loss of productivity Higher turnover The cost of intervention programs Increase in absenteeism Lost innovations Difficulty hiring quality employees
18.  Policy TrainingCoping skills and resilience
19. National Workplace Bullying Survey 2010 
20.  Personal optionsInformal resolution processFormal investigation process
21.  to speak to the An employee may choose perpetrator directly.(keep a record of the conservation) Employees can be advised to seek information from: Contact Officer Human Resource Manager Professional Counselor
22.  No investigation or disciplinary should be taken. A no-blame, conciliatory approach should be involved only the conciliator and affected employee. No records should be kept. The purpose is to return the individuals to productive work without further interruption.
23. Lodging the  Appeal Access to counseling complaint and/or rehabilitationInitial response Findings ReviewAppointment of The investigationan investigator
24.  Workplace bullying is prevalent all over the world. It has great impacts on the targets, witnesses, organizations as well. A “no bullying” policy, training and support are considered useful methods to prevent workplace bullying. When workplace bullying happens, targets can choose personal options, informal resolution process or formal investigation process to protect themselves.
25.  Branch. S, Ramsay. S & Barker. M (2008) Workplace Bullying. Workplace Bullying Institute (2010) Available from:http://www.workplacebullying.org/wbiresearch/2010-wbi-national-survey/ EBook browse (2011) Available from:http://ebookbrowse.com/microsoft-powerpoint-workplace-bullying-presentation-cshrm-pdf-d86575324 Scribd (2011) Available from:http://www.scribd.com/doc/62926918/Workplace-Bullying-Presentation-NEA-RA-Handouts Healthy Workplace Bill . Available from:http://www.healthyworkplacebill.org/bill.php Digital opinion. Available from:http://www.digitalopinion.co.uk/clientservices-bullying-workplace-natsurvey-results-effects.html