• Salvador Felipe Jacinto Dalí i
Domènech was born the 11th of
may of 1904 in Figueres,
Gerona. Painter, sculptor,
engraver, designer e spanish
write, he was considered one of
the greatest representatives of
• He created a very electric style.
One of his most famous work is
“La persistencia de la memoria”,
the famous picture of the soft
watches, created in 1931. He
manifested a tendency to
narcissism and megalomania
for public attention.
• Dalí´s father, Salvador Dalí i
Cusí, was middle-class lawyer
and notary. His wife was
Felipa Domènech i Ferrés.
• He had one brother,
Salvador, who died because of
a infectious cold , and a sister,
Ana María, who was four years
young than him.
•Her mother died in february
of 1921 because of a cancer of
uterus. Dalí was 16 years old.
After that, Dalí´s father
married with her wife´s sister.
Dalí never approved this fact.
• In august of 1929 he met
his muse and future wife
Gala. Her real name was
Diakonova, she was a
Russian immigrant. She was
eleven years older than him
and she was married with
the French poet Paul
• Gala and Dalí married in
1934 in a civil
ceremony, and they did it
again for the Catholic rite
• In 1940, Dalí and Gala went
to the United States because
of the Second World War.
• In 1980 Dalí´s health was seriously
deteriorated. With 76 years old he suffered
constant tremors which showed the progress of
• Gala died the 10th of June of 1982.
• In November of 1988, Dalí was hospitalized
because of a serious heart failure.
• The 23 of January of 1989, hearing his favorite
album, Tistán e Isolda, by Richard Wagner,
died because of a cardio respiratory failure, in
Figueres, with 84 years old.
• When he was young, he went to classes with his
teacher Juan Núñez.
• Al twelve years old he discovered the style of the
French Impressionists and he becomes an
impressionist. At fourteen years old he had
already worked with the art of Picasso and he
become a cubist. He participated in an
exhibition in Barcelona and he won the title of
Rector de la Universidad. At fifteen years old he
become editor of the Stadium Journal.
• In 1919 he leave Cataluña and he moves to
Madrid, where, in 1921 he began his studies in
the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San
Fernando. In his pictures it was present the
cubism, and some of his friends, like García
Lorca were impressed on that.
• In 1924 he illustrated a book
for the first time.
• Dalí was expelled from the
academy in 1926, because he
said thatno one was able to
examine him. Then, he went to
París and he met Pablo
• One year later he joined the
Surrealist group led by André
• At the end of 1934, Dalí went through a surrealist
trial which resulted in her expulsion from the
• In 1960 Dalí started to work in a personal theater
and museum. It was the eldest of their individual
• In 1982, Dali was granted the title of Marqués de
Púbol by the king Juan Carlos
• He was accused of support Franco.
• In his youth, the artist was related to anarchism
• Elephants, which create a sense of
• Egg, which is a symbol of love and
• Ants, as symbol of death and sexual
• Snail, as symbol of decadence and