Worldwide Interoperability For MicrowaveAccess (WiMAX)
• WiMAX(Worldwide Interoperability For Microwave Access) is a wireless communications standard designed to provide 30 to 40 megabit-per-second data rate.• It was created by WiMAX Forum.• It recently approved by IEEE802.1 Wireless Metropolitan Area Network(MAN)
• WiMAX Network is similar to Mobile phone Network.• A user can send or receive data from subscriber device to base station or base station to subscriber device by up linking or down linking.• Unlike the user, who traditionally has limited resources the base station can use higher resources.
• WiMAX service providers deploy a network of. towers that enable access over many miles and the WiMAX broadband service will be available anywhere within coverage areas.• The transmitted signals is distorted in air but recovered by receiver target.
• Flexible Architecture• High Security• Multi Level Service• Portability• Mobility• Cost Effective• Wider Coverage• High Capacity• Interoperability
• Cellular back haul• Education Networks• Banking Networks• Public Safety• Rural and Urban Connectivity Solutions• Streaming Media• Video Conferences
IN FUTURE SPANE OF TIME WIMAX WILL BE THE DOMINENT TECH FOR WIRELESS TRANSMISSION